CT Historic Autosolo - Sunday 20th July 2014

Ellis

Hi all

I'm please to advise entry for the above event is now open... The event will be held at Bovingdon as previous years. Full details can be found on the downloadable regs and entry form from the link below.

http://club.triumph.org.uk/comps/?id=92

If you've never taken part in an autosolo, this is an ideal opportunity to take part in a low cost competitive event to see how you and your car fair. More details on autosolos can be found here: http://club.triumph.org.uk/comps/?id=87

Cheers

Ellis (on behalf of Nigel Adbullah - Autosolo mini-series co-ordinator)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

thescrapman wrote:

But no deliberately setting out to do it in the Mini as that would be unfair.... :-)

And you would be in a class of your own...  ;)

Yeh,you'll have to be in the same group as the other bloke who uses a mini,or the other other bloke who uses a sprite or even the other other other bloke who uses a clan   :P

• 2 weeks later...

You don't need paint Chris, it's just extra weight - besides plastic doesn't rot anyway does it? I think at the moment we only have around 16 entries so have opened up the entry to a couple of other clubs - we really need a minimum of 20 entries to make this viable, so if we can't break the two score mark we may be forced to pull the plug which would be a major disaster as far as I'm concerned but a blessing for Harold as triple running with a sickish engine will cost me a gallon of oil!

Seriously though, the 60 no entry we had 3 or 4 years ago was near unmanageable but the 40 last year was brill. Much less than 25 and we will have to consider whether or not there is sufficient demand to run again next year if we lose Bovingdon (which is reasonably priced) as they have a planning battle for change of use etc in October. If we are forced to start paying silly money for a venue then 25 entries or fewer will be a definite non-starter, even 40 might be pushing it.

If there is a specific reason why you are not entering this year but intend to do so next year can you please indicate such so that we have some idea for planning next year's calendar of events, if you intend entering this year - Hurry Up!

I would love to come along with the GT6 as this sounds like a great day and is relatively local to me.

However, as I suspect you know Dale, I'm not quite in a position yet for motorsport! As bad luck would also have it I have to be at a wedding that weekend as well but it would be a great pity for a lack of interest to kill this stone dead by this year so I just wanted to flag up my interest for next year!

Dicky