CT Essex Rally 18th Oct - Entries Open

sparky_spit

This year’s Essex 12 Car Navigation Rally is running on Sunday 18th October 2015.  It will follow the new navigation rally format and rules introduced at the start of this year and will, therefore, be suitable for anyone to enter in a Triumph car and have a great run out through the Essex countryside.

The route is 58 miles in length; starts and finishes close to Colchester and the A12, and uses some roads that most will have not driven before. The start time is 10am and there will be a pub lunch available at the finish. The entry fee is just £10 per crew of two.

Anyone can enter as a Beginner, regardless of their experience level, and be able to just tour round the route if they wish using a marked up map, which will be supplied to you. You will also get the Novice class clue sheets so that you can have a go at working out the navigation, or you can just ignore it and drive round in company with other Triumphs admiring the scenery and working up an appetite for lunch. There’s also a quiz to complete if you want to, as you drive the route, to add a bit more interest.

Novices will get clear, straightforward clues as per recognised navigation rally formats.  Experts will receive clues that are appropriate to their experience level.

Entries are limited to 12 cars and there will be a reserve list opened to fill any last minute dropouts.

I will also need some marshals to help me on route, so if anyone is willing to marshal on the event, I would be most grateful.

Contrary to popular belief, Essex is not all flat and boring; there are some great little lanes and some surprising scenery in places. Entries are now open and the Entry Form and Regulations can be downloaded here.

Or contact me at: mike.banks@club.triumph.org.uk

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may well enter this one - hoping to get my Lemon legal in the next week or two after moving house, then if I can use it for work etc to try to prove out the reliability and fix any niggles. The start time sounds good so we could come down just for the event rather than having to stop overnight etc.

I'll be in touch Mike.

Well, the Lemon broke down on me again - thankfully, outside a friends house. But I think it's now fixed. Junked off the electronic ignition (The adverts read Buy this sh1t, it'll make your car more reliable for ever and ever!), refitted points and condenser.

Will find a navigator and get an entry in!

There are three entries received this week, with the promise of two more on their way.  Entry list to date:

Michael Helm/Colin Wake - Expert - Triumph Yes
Peter Jackson/Mark Rutter - Expert - Triumph 2000
Steven Radley/Dave Saunders - Novice -Triumph Mk1  2.5PI

The permit has been granted and, apart from a few minor details, the route and navigation is now sorted.

I have one volunteer for marshalling but need one other, so if anybody fancies helping out please let me know.

For anybody new to this thinking of having a go but are not sure, please do enter in the Beginner class as I'm certain you will enjoy it. If in doubt, just contact me and I'll explain how it all works.  If any one wants a navigation "How to" guide, let me know and I'll email you a copy.

More news later.

Sorry Mike, what with moving house at the moment I completely forgot to get a form in the post.

Is it possible to send the form to you by email and do an online payment for the sum? I think it'd help the club a lot if it could reduce the number of cheques it handles... There must be some way to put an online payment thing on the website? Would benefit the club shop too I imagine!

Quoted from Jonny-Jimbo
Sorry Mike, what with moving house at the moment I completely forgot to get a form in the post.

Is it possible to send the form to you by email and do an online payment for the sum? I think it'd help the club a lot if it could reduce the number of cheques it handles... There must be some way to put an online payment thing on the website? Would benefit the club shop too I imagine!

PM sent.

Another entry makes the current list:

Jonathan Fallowell/Alex Joslin - Beginner - Triumph 2000

Two more promised, so 6 places left.  There is a definite limit at 12 cars, although I will accept a reserve or two to backfill any last minute withdrawals. So if you are thinking of entering, in any class, please get your entry in sooner rather than later.

I've had another offer for marshalling; many thanks to both Darren and Malcolm.  If anyone else wants to do some control point marshalling, then please let me know.

Updated entry list:

Jonathan Fallowell/Alex Joslin - Beginner - Triumph 2000
Alan Pettit/TBA - TBA - Triumph Spitfire 4
Dale Barker/Nigel Abdullah - Triumph Herald

.... and another in the post at present.