Covid restrictions

Matt306

Hi Matt and everyone

Thanks for your question.  I am working on this now.

We were able to run the event before the delay in lifting restrictions was announced. So in that respect nothing has changed legally and we are still able to run the event.

However the Covid situation is worsening. 2 areas that we are routed through could become no go areas. Some entrants may feel that the situation is becoming too risky.

There is a contingency for Lancashire and Scotland becoming no go areas and the regulations require all entrants to take practical steps to protect themselves in the car and at the restaurant.  Entrants, crew and organisers are required to take a lateral flow test within 48 hours of the start of the event and bring evidence of a negative result with them to the start. The restaurant implements full Covid regulations and our starting and finishing procedures will comply with MSUK guidelines.

The Delta variant appears to be affecting younger age groups and probably all our entrants and crew have had 2 vaccinations. I believe we are doing all we can to make the event safe, although I don't rule out adding to our Covid precautions.

There will be a lot more information to follow from me shortly about what entrants can expect and what they will be required to do under these exceptional circumstances. I am working in that at this moment.

However, your question prompts another from me, is everyone still up for this?  It would be a waste of effort if no one turns up.  All entrants, please would you confirm asap below in this thread that you intend to be at the start on Saturday July 3rd. 

Thank you very much, Chris