• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

rbrr probably filled up quick because a good few of us newer members have entered which means that the regulars have also had to be quick to get a place and there will probably be some disapointed people this yr . depends on how many drop out. if it happens again everyone  should be allowed to enter.                                                                                                                                          all roads we use on run should be closed to public untill we have finished lol

Just asking out of pure interested (as I'm safely entered as car #4), but why 90? Just seems an odd figure (not literally, obviously, as 90 is even!)

I think if any spaces become available due to cancellation, etc, we should AUCTION THEM in aid of Bliss...

90 is the reckoned limit of car space at the start and all that the two brekkie stops(JOG & LE) can cope with.

Very conscious to keep the number of entrants controllable, for years this event ran at 40-50, and the vibe/camaraderie was great, maybe having too many will destroy this important aspect?

Now at 87, GT6 John's entry was delivered late.

Interesting stats so far:
19 Big saloons entered (5 Mk1, 14 Mk2)
17 Spits (6 Round tail,11 Squares)
10 Dolomites(4 1500,6 Sprints)
8 GT6 (3 Mk1,3 Mk2,2 Mk3)
7 Vitesse(3 1600, 2 Mk1, 2 Mk2)
6 Heralds(3 1200, 3 13/60)
5 TR7(3 2.0, 2 V8)
5 TR6
4TR4 (2 A, 2 4A)
3 Stag (1 Del LInes Stag Saloon)
2 Acclaim
1 Toledo

18 Entrants have owned their cars over 10 years, rather puts the lie to the wrongly perceived thought that entrants do not care for their cars and that none are in good condition. many of the cars will be worked on during the coming summer and will be in great condition. I think that many of the cars taking part are amongst the best that the club has amongst its membership. Tim Hunt's TR4A and Michael Lineham's GT6 Mk1 have each been been owned by them for 35 years and are in great condition.
The 3 cars that are on the CT stand on Sunday at Stoneleigh are entered in the RBRR, all 3 are easily good enough to be considered for the show and all 3 are actively used for driving events.

The best thing about the RBRR is that it shows how wrong the Classic Car movement has gone, events should be about using the cars, not standing in a field being admired.

Cannot be many motoring events that are 40 years old and attract so many entrants that the entry is nearly full 6 months before the start date!

Totally agree Tim. I can manage two, maybe three shows a year and that will be my lot.The thought of doing weekend after weekend of setting up,sitting down in a field and watch people look at your car all day and ask the same dumb questions.Then having to pack it all up ready for next weekend.....Arrrggghhhh......GET A LIFE !!!

I only found out when I spoke to Steve Waddingham.

Ashley, I noticed that you need a co-driver (well Claire pointed it out to me - she's given you a good character reference!) so I'll return the compliment and offer to be your co-driver as I know my way round Acclaims. I'll e-mail you when I get home. (I'm posting from Anita's PC)

Hi All:  Bill Goodwin (Goody) from the US here.  I know some of you read my post about wanting to come.  From the replys I sent a E-Mail to Ashley but have not heard back.  I see Telodo Man has offered to be with Ashley.  No problem and I understand.  If thier is anyone who wants to take a chance with me please let me know.  Bill Goodwin  redrag@radix.net

Archived