• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tim. glad you have our entry. Looking forward to it. I cannot wait.

Beans, I can assure you that my car will be at the start of, and hopefully the end of the RBR. I can also assure you that it has not been sold to the army. I mean really. the very thought !! Also, apologies for the backfires whilst you were behind us. I bet that woke you up. But, what were we supposed to do ? The engine was dieing, even then in the south of France...... Pull over and wait for a very nice man and an AA van and get pulled all the way back to Blighty ? Or carry on, fingers crossed, peddle to the metal and to hell with the cost and the environment !!!......... Mmmmm... tough choice eh ?

Quoted from val1300 ... Also, apologies for the backfires whilst you were behind us. I bet that woke you up.

Yes it certainly did. Should have had you in front of the Wedge on the German Autobahn, good looking back end (for a car that is ... and if visible through the smoke), loud bangs to keep Roger and me awake, should have have great  ;D

Quoted from val1300 Pull over and wait for a very nice man and an AA van

And then only a foreign wedge showed up without any spareparts. Lucky though that Doug was always just behind. Still don't get it how he managed to stow all that gear inluding himself and his navigator into a GT6  :)

Quote:
Might even pop into the Atholl Arms for a pint of Boddies ... 

The owner of the Atholl arms is an acquaintance of mine.

Next time you're in there, just mention that you're a big fan of Reliant Scimitars, the early ones from the sixties and Chris Tomlinson, the owner, will see you all right.

[quote by=2litre-e link=Blah.pl?b=rbrgen,m=1132306828,s=175 date=1138633432] are there any places left for this run, if there are how do i apply, thanks.

As of a couple of days ago, there were 28 places left. Bound to have been some entries over the weekend (me, for one), but I doubt there will have been 28, so there should still be some places available.

As for applying - entry form is in the club mag.

Chris.

I'll make ye an offer ye canna refuse, ya bass!

No, Chris is a great guy.  He also owns the Moulin Hotel just outside Pitlochry and is a true petrol head.

The Moulin Hotel is frequently used as a meal and rest stop on Le Jog and Chris has done quite a few classic rallies including the London to Lisbon a few years back with his partner, Heather.

Nice guy, just one small personal flaw - he was born on the wrong side of the border, so he may occasionally wear the kilt but he can never be a true Scotsman. ;)

Archived