• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please see current entry list.

Good to see many of the regular supporters of the event have started to enter, including Martin R (Raider) in his rejuvenated TR7 and Nigel Gair in his superb revvy 2000 mk2.

It really is starting to shape up into a superb RBRR- starting to get impatient for the start!

Had a few moments so got the anorak out and come out with some more stats;

Cars:
Spitfire  11
GT6          6
Herald      6
Vitesse    6
Dolomite  6
2000mk2 6
TR7/8        5
2000mk1  4
TR4            3
Stag            2
TR6            2
TBA            1
This is interesting as the cars at the botom of the list are probably better at long distance motoring but also the most expensive to buy, are Triumph owners with expensive cars worried about risking them?
Most popular specific model is the Spitfire 1500- 6no.

Reckon on a load of big saloons to enter yet

Colours:
Red      14
Blue      13
White    10
Yellow    8
Green      4
Brown      3
Black      2
Silver      1
Purple      1

Most popular years of cars entered so far are '70 and '79- 6 cars, '72,'73- 5 cars and '75- 4,
No cars entered from the fifties which is a shame and none from '63, '65, and '74.
Oldest cars : Mike Sloan's TR4, Andrew Howorth's TR4, and Jan Wunsche's Spitfire 4.
Newest car; Malcolm Paris' TR7 V8 DHC.
Most powerful car: Stephen Lawes' TR7 V8 DHC
Slowest car: Probably my GT6.

Good to see 10 entries from the North and 4 from overseas, majority still from the South, however only one from London! 7 from Hertfordshire.

More facts and stats in a month.

Get those entries in!

Quoted from ajp25tc

Just to let you know that no polish will be going anywhere near the shed between now and the RBR or even a hose pipe/bucket it still has the 10CR stickers on ( Tim can I keep them on for the RBR?!)
But it will be full of fat pie eating Cumbrians

Speaking of sheds check this out could be intresting over the next few months! www.shedtune.co.uk

By the way wasnt it good to see a Ford prepared by a Cumbrian Pie Eater win the Monte!

"Shedtune" I love it! The last time I drove a shed regularly was before Iwas married 16 years ago - a Vauxhall Viva 1300, bought for £20 and an open packet of Bensons she had 11 days MOT and 3 months tax. Just right whilst I fixed the blown diff in my Vitesse. I bent the Viva on day one of ownership and it went down hill from there. Scaffold pole front bumper and side exit exhaust fixed the accident damage (the scaffold pole was really to hold the front end together.) After 6 months driving it around Reading including an altercation with a traffic island which cracked the steering rack - araldite soaked bandage sorted that and an ever so slight roll over incident the car was still driveable but rather "spent" I was then offered the amazing price of £50 for the engine. It still beats in a Chevette that I last saw a couple of years ago, wonder if it still has my old engine in it.
The Viva is famous for being the car I pitched up in to collect my now wife from her parents house. Girlfriend loaded I waved cheerily at her parents and reversed straight over their rose bed whilst they waved back - I still don't know how I got away with it!

Why thank you sir! I always think I would like to write a book but I haven't the stamina. I should add that the guy I bought the car off is now a Master of Wines at Harrods and drives a bloody Aston Martin. OK it's a very tatty Aston Martin with paint so flaky it looks like it was varnished at some stage but I'm still jealous! I only point that out because the £20 he got from me bought his first train ticket into London for the job interview. I said he should have driven in the Viva :-)

Quoted from Jason "Shedtune" I love it! The last time I drove a shed regularly was before Iwas married 16 years ago - a Vauxhall Viva 1300, bought for £20 and an open packet of Bensons she had 11 days MOT and 3 months tax. Just right whilst I fixed the blown diff in my Vitesse. I bent the Viva on day one of ownership and it went down hill from there. Scaffold pole front bumper and side exit exhaust fixed the accident damage (the scaffold pole was really to hold the front end together.) After 6 months driving it around Reading including an altercation with a traffic island which cracked the steering rack - araldite soaked bandage sorted that and an ever so slight roll over incident the car was still driveable but rather "spent" I was then offered the amazing price of £50 for the engine. It still beats in a Chevette that I last saw a couple of years ago, wonder if it still has my old engine in it.
The Viva is famous for being the car I pitched up in to collect my now wife from her parents house. Girlfriend loaded I waved cheerily at her parents and reversed straight over their rose bed whilst they waved back - I still don't know how I got away with it!

Jason mind if I used the above quote on the web site under "Non Triumph" sheds you wouldnt have any pictures of said Viva you could send in?

I am also going to have a sub section for "bread bins" (Crap cars)- things like my allegro I owned for 2 weeks!

I'll have a look, I may just have one or two in the loft along with pics of the Riley 1500, Morris Minor, Imp and Fiesta (big bore 1600 I'll have you know!) of my formative years before I bought a Herald Convertible only to find out it was a Vitesse Saloon :-)

Right back on thread.

RBRR entry now at 62 no. How good is that.

Nice to see Dave Tongue (Val1300) in his superb 2000 mk1 and Thomas Key in hie Royal Blue TR6 have entered.
Also received an entry from a member Roy Dodsworth who last did the RBRR in '92 using his 76 2500S, this crew has 4 members.

This of course leaves 28 places, we expect that some crews will withdraw prior to the start.
After 90 entries have been reached we wil operate a reserve list, this will be on a 'first come first served' basis.

Keep them coming!

Quoted from timbancroft61 ... it was only on the 10Cr that he started to burn up the world's oil reserves.

Maybe sell it to the army for putting up smokescreens. It is (or was ??)) also very good at (back)firing at an innocent wedge which happened to be following the smoketrail ....

Quoted from MWG445
Wait till we're on the A9 above Blair Atholl and then we'll move a bit quicker.

He seen that Roger? Might even pop into the Atholl Arms for a pint of Boddies ...  :D
Maybe still have the sam(e) music as back in 2003 ...  8)

Quoted from timbancroft61 Tony,

its the other way around- Britain includes: Scotland, Northern ireland and Wales.

RUKRR- sounds awful eh! Round Britain Reliability Run- has a ring to it!

Current entry list attached.

Begin Pedant/Anorak section:
Great Britain consists of England, Scotland and Wales.
Hence "The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland".
So there! The Round Britain Reliablity Run is what is says on the tin.
End of Pedant/Anorak section!

I'm looking forward to driving "Janey" again after all these years.

Archived