• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quoted from RumPith Shouldn't Chris' car be listed as "Spitfire 3500 V8" (not Spitfire 1500) ?
It would be nice if some of the reserve teams could make it to the start to see everyone off...

Chris' Spit is still a 1500, with a 3500cc engine... no strange model names please... or we'd all get confused ;D

Wouldnt that be torturous? Being a reserve is no fun...

Quoted from RumPith Shouldn't Chris' car be listed as "Spitfire 3500 V8" (not Spitfire 1500) ?
It would be nice if some of the reserve teams could make it to the start to see everyone off...

I did actually put my car down as being a 'Spitfire V8' on the entry form. I can see why it's listed as a 1500 though - that IS what it originally was, after all...

I did actually put my car down as being a 'Spitfire V8' on the entry form. I can see why it's listed as a 1500 though - that IS what it originally was, after all...

Don't worry, my comment was firmly "tongue-in-cheek"...

Chris' car MODEL is a 1500, regardless of what he has under the bonnet. BTW Chris - have you changed the badging at all to reflect the lump?

The way things are going with my restoration the RBRR will be its first proper outing! I can't see it being back on the road before the June Pendle & Pennine meet at the moment (even though I was hoping to be able to drive it on my 40th birthday - 2nd April!)

Quoted from timbancroft61 Its the only way to list them all, nearly every car is modified in some way.

You modified my entry from a TBA to a Vitesse 1600? Hows that work Bancroft? Here's me trying to decide between me Amphicar and me Pony 4x4, and you have only gone and listed me with a Vit 1600, what's that all about?

Quoted from timbancroft61 Ah, but is it a Triumph, only had a Herald engine- no other parts where Triumph.

As far as I know it's German, so a VW Schwimmwagen but with a Triumph engine ......  but then Siegfried Bettmann also was German  ::)

Archived