Having been part of two and three man crews in the past I do prefer a two man crew. The whole tiredness thing is easily sorted - sleep in the car and know your limitations. Having had a tiredness/boredom "moment" on the first 10CR I learnt early on that it's got nothing to do with how much sleep you've had but more to do with recognising the signs and being grown up about saying "I need a rest". Irrespective of how much grounds been covered by the last man. I've just done a stint of travel within India and back to the UK, basically in the course of 4 days I spent 11 hours flying, 65 hours working, 10 hours travelling or waiting around and just 10 hours sleeping, none of which happend in the last 48 hours - I felt OK until about 11pm last night when I went for my bed, woke up at 6:30am and am back to "normal"

A thought:  After looking over the reserve list I see quite a few good friends who are on it.  I also see there are 12 on the made it list who have not listed a co-driver.  I would like to see any one on the made list offer to take someone on the reserve list.  I know some only want a team of 2 but if you have room think on takeing someone who can only go if given a ride.  Thats how I made it the last time.  (my last ride is on the reserve list)  While I have a list of 3 possible as my 3rd member none have commited yet so in the future I might be looking.  You never know if you might brake a crank on the way to the start and need a co-driver with a spare car.  Good luck to all on the reserve list! Hope you-all make it!  

McJim, if you wanted to break the journey to the start by staying over at our house I am sure we would be delighted :)

I wouldn't recommend staying over on the way back - stay in a Travellodge or something near the Plough on the Sunday night ;)

Do you think that my GT6 can't make it from Glasgow to London in one go???!!!

Well neither do I! ;)

I'll let you know nearer the time.

By the way, Beans will be with me for the journey down and up.

After 200 miles with Beans, I may need that pint or five!

Or is this just a way to sabotage my Scottish entry on the RBRR by waylaying me on my journey south?

Damn clever these Eengleesh!

McJim.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Guys

This has been a very sensible debate. In respect of old hands on the reserve list I have a comfy back seat and I am sure that we have enough time to sort out all the necessary insurance for 3rd/4th drivers. Having done it I respect those like Tim who feel that it is better as a two man thing but I would be mortified to miss out on the RBRR experience because of the necessary 100 entry limit when there is the chance to do a smaller part of it as a Co driver in a saloon. These things have a habit of sorting themselves out amongst friends but if we get towards the end of summer next year we could run a "Dating Service " Thread to ensure that no one misses out.

Happy Driving guys

Archived