Raider wrote:
When I became Comp Sec a few uears ago one of my ideas was "Formula Acclaim" - buy some cheap Acclaims and see how far we could drive them in a weekend.

A prize of some sort for whoever came back with proof of how far they had got.

They were cheap and plentiful enough back then.

I had one and it eventually ended up in one of these events and made to Kazakhstan near China, it was left there still running and the team flew back!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shoot Me If You Must but, Ashley Mills Acclaim has done 4 RBRR's that I know of, one with me and its on the third time around on its clock.  He use's it for his daily driver.  We spent the weekend after the RBRR in it with no problems.  As hard as I tried I could not brake it!   It just goes and goes.  Not bad for a ex-panda car he bought for 25 pounds.   I will be happy to sell it the highest bidder when Ash is not looking.   Who knows one day it might kick off its wheels and die.

Yes the Hill's did change cars in 08.

My Dolomite has done 2 RBRR's and 2 10CR's and finished.
How many Dollys have not made it?

This time I was in a Vitesse, Lost wheel and did not finish.  How many have not made it?

willows40 wrote:
mk1 pi estate failed to finish in 2010, no oil to rocker shaft as screw that hold everything together vanished never to be seen again

cheers andy

Thanks for that - I'll check it against my records later.

Bill, I'll answer your questions later too but in the 2005 10CR Dave Pearson's Vitesse lost a halfshaft halfway up the climb to St Moritz.

willows40 wrote:
mk1 pi estate failed to finish in 2010, no oil to rocker shaft as screw that hold everything together vanished never to be seen again

cheers andy

I remembered that which is why I threw a complete rocker shaft in my spares box at the last minute. :)

willows40 wrote:

i won`t colin as starting on painting it next week then its off to its new owner.

did you find anything out about the estate

cheers andy

You don't hang about!

I will correct my guess....

I suspect the new owner will find it about 18 inches below where you last saw it.

Ah, the estate, patience is required as price is not yet at a sensible level.

If you are looking for another 2000 to weld up, the "Damson Dog" is in need... :-)

It will be a patcher-upper I suspect, rather than a restorer.

Worth fishing out of the garden, but is revealing some bodges as I dig.

It is amazing how much welding can be done with a tube of silicon bathroom sealant... :-(

willows40 wrote:

cheers andy

Happened to me once on the m25- fixed it on the hard shoulder -fished it out from down the side of a push rod smothered it in  lock tight put it back in off we went- lucky !