With this being my first RBRR, I was wondering when we get the stickers for the cars.
Is it at the driver's meeting on the 19th?
I was hoping to drum up at a bit of extra charity sponsorship at my work by parking the estate right outside the entrance one day, obviously the stickers all over the car would add that finishing touch!

Colin.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry if I came on like a moaner, just find that each year we do try to evolve the RBRR, but some of the ideas do not always meet with universal approval.

We do review the event after the running of each one and look at what can be improved. I think the major reason for the 'sell out' of spaces so quickly following the announcement is the cheap cost of entering the event (Sorry to state the bleedin' obvious).

One thing is for sure, the Organisers: Nigel, Jason, James, Ellis and me love putting this event together. My fave part is going out in November with Nigel and recce'ing some new section of the event. Really good fun if Nige is driving as he is a superb driver and really does drive with precision. I can guarantee that the Welsh section will be an absolute joy this time, one bummer though, it will be raining!

Bring on the RBRR!

You sure Tim? All four doors and back wings? The front wings are already committed and for the money my boss is putting in he's going to want to be able to see his logo from the side of the car.

At the moment, we are looking at the back doors and bootlid for his logos. (Possibly the bonnet too depending on negotiations!)

The will leave the front doors and the rear wings for the club and the charity etc. That should be enough shouldn't it?  :-/

timbancroft61 wrote:
Just echoing the placement of stickers that we have always used.

I've had a look at the gallery and the size of the stickers seems to differ somewhat. I'm not not going to risk losing the sponsorship so I'll just have to play it by ear I think.  ;)

Thanks for the input though.  :)

Radders: Go to the run's blog, scroll down to the pic of my car. (DollyRoo)  I add my team name and some flags.  I think the run stickers are where their suposed to be.  This will give you a idea of how much room you can work with.   Look at the album's of past runs and you will see how others put their team and sponsor stickers on.

ferny wrote:
Should give you an idea of size and placement. They're where Tim asks them to be put.

Ahhh.... remember that time when I had less rust and used to wash the car now and then... about two years ago I think. ;)

Thanks ferny,

Well it's a big saloon, so I should still be able to stick to the above placings. (Excuse the pun!) :)

As it stands I've sold the boss the space on the back doors, boot & bonnet!  ;)

Archived