• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

timbancroft61 wrote:

It would be a interesting to post pics showing the current condition of the cars that are coming out to play!

OK Tim - here's Car 97 with my mate Graham having his seat fitting - we have now decided to take off the roll bar for the RBRR - we think a decent recline on the seats is more important!

The car is more or less ready - just need to top up gearbox, diff, oil trunnions and check front pads, the spares from last years 10CR are still in the boot and the fuel cans need refilling.

Steve

Quote:
Why is it helpful to have the stickers months before the event?

I just think it would easier to find sponsorship if I had some promotional material on the car. A bit like shops using adverts to find customers and drum up interest in products.  

It's only an opinion but not worth piling on the workload to the organising team if you don't think there's merit in it.

• 2 weeks later...

Oops!  Hope I haven't messed this up.... but I put the stickers on both cars today (entries #55 and #132), and very smart they look too!  However, I couldn't find at the time the note of where to stick them - so I checked on this forum and found response #15 from Tim - which says to put the Climate Care stickers on the REAR wings - which is what I've done.  I've now found the note that came with the driver's pack, which says to put them on the FRONT wings - oops!
Bit late now - mine are firmly on the rear wings - hope this isn't a problem,,,,?? :o

858 wrote:
Oops!  Hope I haven't messed this up.... but I put the stickers on both cars today (entries #55 and #132), and very smart they look too!  However, I couldn't find at the time the note of where to stick them - so I checked on this forum and found response #15 from Tim - which says to put the Climate Care stickers on the REAR wings - which is what I've done.  I've now found the note that came with the driver's pack, which says to put them on the FRONT wings - oops!
Bit late now - mine are firmly on the rear wings - hope this isn't a problem,,,,?? :o

Should not be a problem.
Mine are a little different as well. Most should be the same anyway.
Rob

Mine are on the rear wings too, simply because they looked better there. There wasn't really room on the front wing. Between door and wheelarch looked to close to the RBRR one on the front door and over the wheelarch just looked plain wrong. Far better on the rear wing.

Hope Tim's not too upset!

858 wrote:

Shouldn't be a problem. You'll have to reverse all the way round! :P

timbancroft61 wrote:
James: I have banged on about the stickers being uniform and would like it if all the cars look to have a similar sticker deployment-I know its tragic!

No Tim, it is worse than that, way , way more worse than that.

It is bordering on the "A" word, and you wouldn't want us to call you that, now would you.

Now sit back and chill out, enjoy the wide and varied manners in which people have applied their stickers, it shows that everyone is an individual, and that can only be a good thing.

As for us, we are having trouble finding space for them now we have applied the roundals to the doors.

Cheers

Colin

Archived