Progress on 10CR entrants cars ...

Beans

Brakes all back together now but still need bleeding. It's taken much longer to finish as I discovered that the problem was not a warped disc after all but a problem with the hub. I still don't understand what is wrong with it but swapping it for another has fixed things. However, if I hadn't done the work I would not have discovered that one of the old calipers has started weeping very slightly so all in all worth doing the swap anyway. Car now has brand new Stanpart discs, new calipers, new Mintex pads, new stub axles and new bearings.

Time for a cold beer and a hot bath I think  ;)

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad to have you aboard in the Herald Libby, we finally got Harold's engine back together and running around 6 pm last night and it wasn't p*ssing oil out any more either.

Just changed brake fluid, serviced and tuned it + checked brake pad wear + checked spare set in boot!!!!!!!!!!! washed and polished, stickers on............now to fit Sat-Nav   :-/

i may not have broken the herald but have f***** my knee up :( my right knee as well, doctor has told me im not allowed to drive because i wont be able to do emergency stop :( Hopefully well still go along with dad driving and me being a passenger and cut out all the fun bits......guess were just not destined to do the 10cr :( :(

What a day ! At 11-15pm last night I discovered that one of the suspension ball joints was knacked (brand new Stanpart 2yrs/8000 miles ago !!!!). Went into work this morning and sorted a couple of things for my boss who then let me go home. Called my co-driver about the ball joint and he drove 45 miles with a brand new one, stayed while I fitted it and helped me bleed the brakes. Thanks Dave, you're a star. Took the car out for a spin to the petrol station and the brakes felt a little spongy. I think it's the new pads/discs bedding in but I'll probably bleed the system again this evening. Car is now clean, stickers on, and tools/spares loaded. Just sorting out the paperwork and TomTom and co-driver Dave has marked up all the maps. Hopefully it'll be a quiet evening in, relaxing and chilling out ready for tomorrow. See you all at the Plough  ;)

1206 wrote:
doctor has told me im not allowed to drive because i wont be able to do emergency stop :(

If it is an emergency, you will be able to do an emergency stop, don't you worry.

Take some pain killers and away you go.

Where's your sense of adventure gone/????

You youngsters, you're just too defeatest.... :-)

Colin

thescrapman wrote:
Go to TDC and see if it pinks, yiur going the wrong way.

Are you sure yiou are reading the marks right???

Cheers

Colin

Which I've just realised. I'm having a rather rough day it seems!
I thought today was Thursday yesterday...

GT6_User_and_Abuser wrote:
mines over heating badly, and the gearbox is making a racket, and its hot, and noisy and theres creaks coming from everywhere, and i cant steer easily, and the trackings out, wheel bearing at the back rumbling, hand brake sticks on BUT

I'll make it!

So to paraphrase then "It's a Triumph and I'll be there tomorrow"  see you then       :)

Archived