Progress on 10CR entrants cars ...

Beans

So the entry list is full but how far is the preparation of your cars.
Well team number 49 is as yet undecided which one to take  :-/

• A nice wedge on which the restoration has yet to start ...
  • Or a Mk1 PI saloon which doesn't run yet ...

Will probably be the car that's back on the road first  ::)

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Team number 8 needs

Two new or reupholstered seats as mine are knackered..........................erm......................erm.....................
A couple of o-rings in the carb dashpots to stop the damper oil draining away,
oh yeah and a waterpump and/or gaskets around the front end of the engine block as we were topping the water up every 300/400 miles on the RBRR.

That was about the only things that were left after our test run the 2008 RBRR ;)

A possible modification if I get the time/money will be to fit a nitrous oxide kit, nothing mad just a gentle 10 or 20% boost to help with the lack of oxygen at altitude on the higher mountain passes. I don't even know if this is feasible yet, it's just a thought going around in my head :-/

Team 3 car is currently a rebuilt Spit Mk3 chassis/running gear; FD engine and OD box, and tub. Being worked on is everything else to go back on. I'm considering using a 1500 engine and 3.63 diff for the 10CR. Been spending the last few weeks prepping for a respray. Once painted, I'll have to speed up the rate of progress on the remaining rebuild.

Well the Herald has just passed ts MOT today with nothing needing to be done and no advisory comments!
Only problem is that we are planning to take the GT6 on the 10CR. Loooong list of thing that need to be done and a second list of things that would be nice to do...... Priority will be to sort out the O/D that hasnt worked properly since we got it (but I got a big enough discount to buy a new recon gearbox if needed....) and some new seats or foam.

Mike and Libby (team 39)

Team [not actually got a place yet] will probably try and:
- do something to stop oil being consumed as fast as petrol.
- Sort out the leaky diff.
- plug up some bulkhead holes.
- restuff the passenger seat.
Not much else I reckon... however point 1 might be preeeeetty major, so don't want to undertake too much.

Theobeans.. there is ONLY one choice... you know what it is...

lets see,

Team 43 - well other than haveing a quick check over on someof my bodge job wiring the estate is ready to go........ oh I need to try and stop exhaust fumes getting into the cabin this time. Driving while half loopy is not to be reccommended :P

Team 42 - Seeing as the Vitesse is in bits having a new chassis installed it needs a bit doing!!  ;)

Archived