Progress on 10CR entrants cars ...

Beans

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

4 new tyres being fitted tomorrow, Avon CR322's courtesy of Tyreshopper.com - cheaper than going direct to National Tyres who have them on offer at the moment. Need to replace a broken spot light - hopefully get a matching one at Stoneleigh on Sunday, other than that and a good service/mot she's ready. 8)

• 2 months later...

Its very quiet here, only 107 days left, so are all the cars ready to go and its only me whose car still has a long list of jobs still  to be done.......
Then again might be that you are all out driving and enjoying the sunny weekend :))

mike

The Spitfire's more or less ready, just need to do an Oil change, and oil the trunnions, - brakes, gearbox, back axle all Ok - car being used regularly - lots of spares.

Only  a slight worry at the moment is the possibility of a slight knock on the bottom end, particularly on start up from cold. :-/

I am told DollyRoo is ready.  Just a few spare bits to buy.  Some of you will see her at events this summer abet without me.  All the car needs is for Ferney and Allen to stop by and, wash, wax and polish her.   I know they will enjoy making all the shiney bits on and around the engine gleem!  

Dont talk about whether the car is ready.......................evrytime I say yes, something else goes wrong with the cheap tat spares that have been fitted.
Most of our bits are now imported from India or some other cheap manufacturing state or country.
No sooner than I fit a wheel bearing then it fails , or an oil seal or whatever.
The Spitfire now has a diff output seal gone (on a 9 monthold diff) a rear wheel bearing set rumbling (less than a year old) and its getting a bit tiring having to keep going round in circles re doing the same old things.........but within few days it will be 100% again, and again and.......mumble,mumble

Archived