Progress on 10CR entrants cars ...

Beans

Car No. 3 starting to come together now....

Now the paint's done, the rear end is finished; front end still to fit up and try and get a better fitment of that rubbish (but very light) GRP bonnet; and put some interior into it.

Then a complete cut and paste of the 1500's engine/box/prop into the car, plus a new 389 diff. Set of 175/70 Avons on the 4.5"J Courier steels and we're away!

95 days left? Piece of cake!

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

michael_charlton wrote:
Looks a bit better than the Cadwell car..!

Now come on Michael, that's not too hard is it?  Now you know why my wife and kids called it the green slug.

The blue Mk3 looks a lot better, but only from a distance. It's okay close-up if you screw your eyes up a bit.

OK its more than a bit better, a nice car
My first Spit in 1973, MK3 Wedgewood blue.......I have a picture showing the car and my flowing locks dropping on my shoulders..........somewhere. Unfortunatley over the last decade or three it kept on dropping on my shoulders............until theres none left.

thescrapman wrote:
Mike

looks odd with the Mk2 back end. Bit bare. Perhaps it is just me.

Wheels look good!

Cheers

Colin

I like the uncluttered rear end; I always thought the Mk3 rear end was a bit of a mish-mash with the mix of early type reversing lights and later indicators. I'd have prefered a Mk2 bonnet too, but couldn't find one at the time. I did start thinking about converting the Mk3 indicator panels back to separate sidelight and indicators, like my previous GRP bonnet, but this would have taken too long to get right. The new bonnet was enough of a pig to get almost right anyway.

Wheels blasted up well. I found a wheel refurb place in Clacton that did them for £60. 2 of them are still quite pitted; the guy dared not go down too far. But sprayed in OEW I think they look just right.

Michael/Royboy - I too had long flowing hair down to my shouders in the 70's, when owning a Mk2 Spit and later a 1300 FWD. There seems to be a growing theme here - what is it about Triumph ownership that make your hair fall out? Is it because Triumph men are so manly and full of testosterone? Or maybe Kurust and Jenolite dripping on your head does it no good at all?

thescrapman wrote:
Is that you????

Never!

That coffee wasn't cheap in those days, you must have had expensive tastes.

Cheers

Colin

p.s. being a few years younger means there are no similar pictures of myself..  :P

Dont i know it............£30.00 A WEEK  and drinking gold blend............jst cos I wanted to look cool!

ferny wrote:
I like the hair. No need to wear a crash helmet on a bike.

That was the trouble......when I was a fit racing cyclist and riding track events, you had to wear a crash helmet. Only when I came to fit the helmet it looked like a hair net on a guardsman`s busby. When it rained.......oh dear. Well it was fashion wasn`t it? Like buying Spitfires in the 60/70`s...(dance)

timbancroft61 wrote:
Still might take the GT6, not sure. She only needs a service and then ready to go.

Nice tio have a few roundtails going eh.

Shame Ben Hutchings has withdrawn, anyone got a spare engine!?

What happened?

Archived