10CR 2015 Preparations

Raider

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, i got my new torque convertor. But sadly, the gearbox got away from me off the stand and hit the floor. Bellhousing now bust and no spare!!!!

So i need an auto bellhousing, but ive no idea if its a 35 or 65, I cant identify it from the gearbox, because its a ZF.

Help!!. Anyone have a bellhousing spare? Im near Milton keynes.

Not sure if the torque convertor has survived, but i cant know that unless i get it back together.

Quoted from thescrapman
You have still got time to buy another car on Ebay..

Can you revert back to the original box?

I very much doubt the original box would last the run and I know I'm a bit daft but even I'm not daft enough to buy a car off ebay and do the 10CR.

I have not given up yet, just a little hacked off at the moment.

think we might be ready to go.
So far... new rad, new wind screen, new engine, gearbox and diff oil, new rear shocks, new O/S bearings, new  alternator, new MU set so we can make it go lean when we are in the alps. wideband Lambda sensor so we know when we are running lean,  lots of new injectors, new front spots, new full/dip switch.
Libby is ready, baby sitter arranged (Husband and Grannies), maps sorted TomTom ready and loaded.

What can go wrong........

Mike and Libby..

Head re-torqued and tappets done, brakes bled, clutch master cylinder replaced, wipers broke on Weds 100 miles from home...in the rain (cable snapped) and replacement arrived from Canley's so that's fixed (now with full sweep), electric rad fan broke so reverted to original, oil and filter changed and all engine bolts/studs checked, front wheel bearings adjusted.

Just a parcel shelf left to fit and spare wheel to be pumped up.

Quoted from roger keys

Help!!. Anyone have a bellhousing spare? Im near Milton keynes.

Not sure if the torque convertor has survived, but i cant know that unless i get it back together.

Roger

Jonathan Fallowell who is up at Coventry area has a couple of boxes he is trying to shift, there is an advert somewhere on the forum. Someone did ask, but i am sure a deal could be done for the bellhousing off one of them as it is kinda urgent.

I have a type65 out back that has sat for too long so is probably no good as a gearbox anymore, but bellhousing is all there. Was on a Dolomite though, not sure if that makes a difference.