10CR 2015 Preparations

Raider

Glad I turned off the M25 when I saw the delays announced on the Matrix then, I also saw the Jam coming up before I turned off on the M40. Had a smooth journey back to Fleet avoiding the M25 and M3 diverting off through Beaconsfield and Slough Windsor and cutting across to the A30.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quoted from cliftyhanger
Thanks to Mr Bancroft we went the Dartford direction, all very civilised (for the M25)

That was a very good move...... had we had any inkling of how bad the delays would be we'd have taken the M40/A34 even though it's miles round.  I have no idea what the problem was on the M25.  However, closing 2 more lanes on the M3 when they've been occupying most of it for the last 2 years is just plain rude!  And did you know that it now takes about 20 men to mow the central reservation of the A303 - and only one of them has a mower..... 🤔  Mad world!  No wonder the country is skint!

Nick

Umm, Monday night was a bugger on the M25, 1 hour wait with the engine off, stuck between jcts 15 and 16.

Jason had a thrill as the woman in front got out of her car, very short skirt, I was too busy texting Clive to warn him about the wait, therefore missed the delights!

Life can be cruel!

Saloon is nearly back on the road, pulled the gearbox out againyesterday afternoon to check the clutch,all seems fine though?

Other jobs:
Driveshaft gaitors completely spilt, replace
Re-wire the starter system
Sort wiring to headlamps and spots
Side windows
Check fluids
Clean the thing!

60 mile drive in the 2000 and it's good to go apart from

1Floats about a bit at the front but if new struts come through at the end of the week from Chris Witor as promised then it will be into my local garage for them to be fitted.
2 There's a bearing noise which I can't pin down. I will get the garage to investigate and hope it's not something awful 🤔

To be honest though I will just set off and see how far we get 😀

Well things are suddenly not looking so good After much investigation, a driveline vibration turns out to be the torque convertor, but, only when in lock up.

Its bad too. Bellhousing becomes a blur at 90mph!

So out with the gearbox yet again. Really starting to run out of time.