Twisted Anti-Roll Bars

Anthony

Bill,
Or was it to balance the weight of the driver? What is the amount of twist measured as inches the free end is above the floor when the other end is stood upon?
                                                                              Curious,
                                                                              Paul

The only reasons I could think of would be either due to the engine torque twisting the chassis, or to counter the weight of the driver

BUT - Does anyone know for certain that the roll bars were twisted from the factory

I'm thinking the roll bars weren't originally twisted and that we're coming up for 'reasons' for sagging bars

Anthony,
Are they all twisted in the same direction, or are some near-side up and others off-side up?
                                                                                    Curious still,
                                                                                    Paul

I have a couple of bars off Mk2 Vitesse's, both with a twist of about 3/4" laid on a flat surface, I had been on the look out for a flat one for the past couple of years and and picked up several at auto jumbles but all twisted the same, so left them alone. I just assumed it was through carrying the weight of the driver for 40 plus years had caused it.

Mark

Hi,
I have one removed from my LHD Mk2 Spit. If placed on the floor the off-side end is about 1" off the floor when the near-side is sitting flat on the floor. I'm wondering if the bars you have which were fitted to RHD cars are twisted in the same way or the opposite direction.
                                                                          Still curious,
                                                                          Paul