Overdrive cable connectors

Rychu

2670 wrote:
The 'Brothers Grim' do a complete harness
Overdrive Harness - Gear Lever     Overdrive Models Only     1     153726     In stock
Price Match

£9.37 ex VAT   £11.24 inc VAT

At James paddocks for the same £5.45 ex vat :)

But you can make your own out of a piece of cable when you have the old connectors.

JensH wrote:
@Baz: I suppose, its the very thin connectors used at the gear knob switch - there was a thread some months ago with a link - but can't find it now.
I ended up soldering it to the switch + using some shrink tubing.

I've used the old ones and solder them to my new cable.. but i've never seen the same connectors for sale anywhere (and i worked in an industrial electrical shop) :-/

• 2 weeks later...

The original connectors are round in section, however, I've managed to use the smallest lucar spade connectors often used for speaker connections before which work great if you use the uninsulated version and then insulate using heat shrink after crimping.

Here are some on ebay:-  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/25x-2-8mm-Crimp-Terminal-Female-Spade-Connector-uninsulated-/230877081401?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item35c158af39