Ginetta G15 Restoration

John Bonnett

Quoted from BiTurbo228
Again I've missed quite a bit! Nice work on the chassis John, and you're right that fuel tank is a beauty. Are the little tacks for internal gussets or baffles?

Can't wait to see it back from the painters. These things look stunning in vibrant colours. I've been nudging at my mate that one of these might be a decent little project car as he was hinting he'd like a classic project...

I believe there is at least one for sale at the moment. Certainly a very pretty little car.

I think the little spot welds are where the baffles are fixed. I'm twiddling my thumbs at the moment with not much I can do until the shell is back. The chassis is on the rotisserie just waiting for it.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing much to report. I'm at a standstill waiting for the body to be painted. This whole project has been beset with delays without which the car would be on the road by now. Just a photo of the chassis with part of the front suspension fitted which is as much as I can do until the body is back.

For reasons with with I won't bore you, the engine cover hasn't been painted neither has the aluminium bonnet. So I'm going to indulge myself and do what I said I'd do at the very beginning; make one in aluminium. It has been a very long time since I've done any serious metal shaping and gas welding of aluminium and I'm very excited about the prospect. I've always said it should be pretty straightforward to make but now I'm going to have to put my money where my mouth is.

Quoted from Nick Jones
Christmas ....... early......... 🙂

Should keep you out of mischief for a few days 🙂

Nick

Indeed it will Nick. I've had three  or four weeks of enforced inactivity due to Triumph knee caused by folding myself up in the footwells when fitting the sound deadening but now being fully fit again and the G15  all ready for me, I'm like a coiled spring. 🙂

• 2 weeks later...