GTRoger

as far as I can remember on radders car we separated the triumph runners and only used the piece with the bolt holes in it, all the plastic washers and ball bearings  come out and all your left with is the channel shaped piece that fits into the floor. this piece is then welded to the existing alfa runners so the seats move back and forth on the alfa runners so you do need both the triumph seat runners if ive remembered correctly, the original triumph bolts that fix the runner to the floor are a very tight fit round head torx or allen key bolts will make the job a lot easier, ive just picked up a pair of black leather heated P38 range rover front seats which il be fitting this weekend they are a tight fit though :)

Alfa runners mounts are 14.5" apart

Triumph ones are 15"

Quick version
Remove triumph runners and remove the "runner to seat" studs

Slot the holes,remember to slot the right way !

Then bolt triumph runner to seat

You will need to somehow "lock" the triumph runner so that the Alfa runner is the one that let's the seat move
Either weld or bolt.
If you do use the two runners together then the height adjuster will still function as it should

As iggy said you could just weld the "bottom" bit of the triumph runner to the Alfa runner but make sure you can sill access the holes so that you can bolt the triumph runners back down.
As I have only used both runners bolted back to back I am not sure if you do just weld the bottom half of the triumph runner to the Alfa seat I can't comment if you can still use the height adjuster.
You may have to double up on the drivers side(because of height adjuster) and only use the bottom on the passenger side as they don't have the height adjuster

Fitted mine using the Alfa runners. Just removed the front section that dropped vertically, and drilled holes through the runners to match up with the captive bolts in the floor. Runners need a slight 'spread' to bolt in, but move no problem and the height adjuster works well too! Lot less bother!

The black ones make the most money. Patience is a virtue, you can get sets as cheap as Lee did, I got a complete blue interior for £100 from a general breaker, but it had the advantage that I could get it collected for free as a man with a van was passing that day.. :-)

Becomming more expensive generally as they get snapped up for other cars as well. The £300 sets are the later airbag ones.

Checking Ebay tonight

Red set, £30, collection only from Wales is the downside, runs out tomorrow morning. You could easily get there and back on £50 of fuel.

Grey cloth set for £1 in Huddersfield, 2 days to go, don't reckon it will go up much.

Complete black set for £100 in Mansfield.

Complete tan airbag set for £135 from a dealer, so I reckon you might be able to knock it down.

What colour you after???

Red I guess.

Cheers

Colin

Nick_Jones wrote:
Wouldn't mind a black/charcoal cloth/velour set in good condition.  Not especially keen on leather.  I've yet to discover where Alfas die in the SW though.

NIck

You definitely don't want red leather ones, do you Nick!?   ;)

• 1 month later...

Well, finally collected my new seats yesterday. It's amazing how easy they can be fitted to a Saloon. Must be the good old Italian design....

All I need are new bolts as the original ones are too wide for the rail.  Anyone knows what size they are?

Thanks!

Matt
non airbag seats on original Alfa runners fit straight in, you just have to enlarge/ fabricate couple of  holes slightly.................................well on a MK1 you do.

The only disadvantage by using exisiting Alfa runners is that the seat does not go as far back as original Triumph ones. Saying that I am 6ft 1 and it suits me.