Electric fuel pump

Davemate

Huco low pressure fuel pump 133010 is what I have. Seem to come in at around 50 to 60 quid.

Outlet pressure is 1.4psi, flow rate of 120l/hr.

Mine is mounted in engine bay, and runs happily without a regulator. Again, was fitted by/for radders during his ownership, though I replaced it once whilst trying to do some troubleshooting where I buggered the first one!

Hope that this helps,

Phil

Hello Dave,

I'd also go for an S.U. pump, but you won't get a new one for £30. Be aware of the two different types of S.U. and I also think Huco's are the same. They are designed either for engine bay installation or near the fuel tank. You must get the right one for whichever location you intend.

Alec

For the Team Thailand Landcrab I purchase one of the SU pattern pumps with chrome body and blue top (and electronic 'points') off ebay.  I think these are made in Germany .......

it worked perfectly on HS6s and when I passed it on to my brother for his Glas in an emergency I bought another as a replacement, and that did many thousands of miles trouble free before car sold at Christmas to Pat Walker to join his ex-works Triumphs.

As Alec says not a £30 thing (I think it was about £70) but good and still gives the period look. I painted my second one black, fitted a proper SU pump black top, and put on repro SU pump sticker and you would not know nthe difference with an original one ..... just trouble free!

MUT

Why do you want an electric pump Dave?
I have a standard manual pump fitted to 'Poo' and apart from the horrible fuel destroying the plastic filter inside it they work well.  They work on modified engines with SU's and up to 165bhp too you know 😉
I have only had to replace it twice in 2years...............or have I answered my question.....Hmmm which reminds me, must go and start 'Poo' up, its been a couple months now since I have even opened a door  

I bought one of the cheap ones for Tessa when I discovered the old pump doesn't fit the new block, but I still haven't actually got round to trying it (she's running a 13/60 pump at the moment!). I have since discovered that I have a spare pump from a 2500S in a drawer...

Pete
There's nothing wrong with my mechanical pump, it's just the pipe that screws into it on the carb side needs a new "olive" at the moment I've (Radders did it) got Ptfe tape sealing it.
It's was just a case of shall I fit an electric pump and run new fuel hoses to the carb or try and bugger about and fix the real problem 🤔
You know how it is with doing so called upgrades,there was only a dodgy follower or cam lobe on my 2ltr engine so I yanked it out and then bought two 2.5 engines and spent 7 months and way too much money to get a good one running 😀

Quoted from Davemate
Pete
There's nothing wrong with my mechanical pump, it's just the pipe that screws into it on the carb side needs a new "olive" at the moment I've (Radders did it) got Ptfe tape sealing it.
It's was just a case of shall I fit an electric pump and run new fuel hoses to the carb or try and bugger about and fix the real problem 🤔
You know how it is with doing so called upgrades,there was only a dodgy follower or cam lobe on my 2ltr engine so I yanked it out and then bought two 2.5 engines and spent 7 months and way too much money to get a good one running 😀

I guilty of all the above