If Jason buys the mk1 Pi, what wheels?

Tim Bancroft

Fuzzy_Harris wrote:
Can someone post a pic of my wheels ?, never seen another triumph with them on, could 15x7 ml compomotives get away with 195/50/15 `s i`m thinkin of changing my dunlops to ml`s and have a new set of 195`s in the shed.

I've got 15x7 MLs on my MKII estate. My tyre place told me 195s would look a bit stretched on 7" rims - so I've got 205/50s. It's tight at the back, but no rubbing ... *edit* actually thinking about it, that's a bit of a fib. My rear subframe is not central by about 5mm. There's clear space on the drivers side, but on the passengers side, I had to shave about 2-3mm off the lip. There was a bit of rust right on the edge, so I wasn't too fussed about doing it.

Russell.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Soon ;-) I need to get tyres on these rims, slosh some hammerite on one and then get them up to Dave's next week - I'm en route to Liverpool. The car then needs an MOT and som rust proofing - it's not seen rain for 30 years. I think it needs a battery and then we're good to go. I've got nowhere to keep it but outside for the moment and I hate keeping cars I own outside.

Not a lot, I've only been back in the world for a few days :-) I'll get it sorted, MOT runs out next week so I need to get a ticket on it asap.

Where are people getting their tyres from these days? I've just been down the local (2 mins away) cheapo tyre place and they're trying to say £200 for 4 fitted is a bargain - I didn't think so

Just looking at Mytyres.co.uk and they seem pretty cheap at £140 delivered for some "quality" Fortuna brand cheap and cheerful made from recycled flipflops.
Had a look on Fleabay, nothing particularly cheap, maybe some no-names for £120 a set of 4.
Blackcircles looks OK too, shame I can't go out and get them done this weekend but hey ho.
I liked Mytyres the last time I used them, very quick delivery and a good price for decent tyres. They seem to have a huge range - like I know what to buy :-)
Fitting is OK as my local garage will change a set of 4 for £28 inc balance and valves

Archived