What wheels really fit on the gt6??

spittymk3

I'm after a nice set of rims to make my gt6 stand out, ideally I would really like some 13x7 deep dish minilites wheels but people say they don't fit....surely if a mini with spacers can roll on them a gt6 with spacers can too? I want to go for a low wide beefy look...anyone got any tips on what they done or got any wheels for sale? cheers! :)

I ran MGF wheels on my late spit with long driveshafts. If yours is rotoflex it may be a little different, but 205/50 tyres were fitted.
However, with the camber changes, the tyres are not ideal, needs a higher profile and grip was better with 175/70 13 tyres. Rotoflex suspension will have less camber change and the 50 profile tyres may be OK. Still think a 55 profile would be better though, and 60 or greater on non-rotoflex.

Get some hub Adapters from a guy in America. Here is his old ebay listing for the Adaptors.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Triumph-Spitfire-GT6-TR7-TR8-Lotus-Alloy-Wheel-Adapters-/230620025009?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35b20650b1&vxp=mtr&item=230620025009&nma=true&si=cquO9i3V5L7yHgSNLZL4mv71iYo%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Go to his shop and send him a message. These allow you to fit up to 15"x7j some have even fitted 16"x7J but they need the tub massaging slightly. Here is mine.

and the adaptors.

Make the car look the way you want it too.

Chris.