wiring headlights

WIMPUS

Hi!

I've just lookt at the wire's at the bonnet for the headlights .. i've got 2 black one's ( i think that's the earth  -  )
then 2 wire's with a white and red strip in it and a red .. So for what is there a red wire ? where do i connect it to ?  :-/

my old headlights where non H4 also with only 1 bulb ( main and hi beam)

if it put the headlight switch on(1) the red is 12v, if i put the the headlight switch on (2) then i've got 12v on the bleu and red
and when i operate the steering column switch then i've got 12v on the blue and white..

but if i put the switch in 1 then normally must there be light in the small lights in the valance .. right ?

michael_charlton wrote:
Then there is the green striped for the indicators...............or there should be!

the wire's on the photo are the one's in the bonnet !

i have also wire's at the front crossmember .. and they are good..

its just the 1red wire at the bonnet i'm not sure for what it is ..  :-/

i've done nothing on the wiring loom , just new tape round it .. everything from light's worked so ..  :-/

JensH wrote:

Agree - can't see any green wires???

the wire's on the photo are the one's in the bonnet for the front lights ..

the wire's for the small front lights and blinkers are at the front crossmember .. ( my blinker and small lights are at the valance ..

4526 wrote:
here is a photo of the front crossmember ...

Red is for the small lights in the valance, the green/red and green/white is for the blinkers .. So that is right , it's just at the bonnet the red wire that i don't need to use i guess.. :)

the red wires you see on this photo is coming from the light switch (stand 1) and the second red wire is going to the bonnet .. where my question was for ..