is everyone ready?

Is everyone ready, seems very quiet on here...
I have an electric  fan to fit, change the diff (3.89 to 3.63) and check over the rear suspension, finish and fit hard top (now with sunroof), and give her a good around service. Lots of little bits to do and tweaking the Megasquirt maps as I am not sure I have the altitude correction set correctly.

Doing it with Jane (the wife) so really dont want to break down...
At the moment on holiday so all I can do is make lists of things to do!

Mike

Does anyone have the list of the 10 countries we are visiting ? I need to check my driving licence. I have the ferry booked and paid for, all the hotels booked but not the actual route, hopefully we will meet up somewhere on the way!!

Thanks, Dennis Turner ( Trixie)

42 minutes ago, Tr1xi3 said:

Does anyone have the list of the 10 countries we are visiting ? I need to check my driving licence. I have the ferry booked and paid for, all the hotels booked but not the actual route, hopefully we will meet up somewhere on the way!!

No official announcement on the route yet.

5 hours ago, Tr1xi3 said:

It will all be western europe from the overnight stops. 

I would guess France, Germany, Italy, Switzerland, Netherlands, Belgium, Austria, Lichenstein, Luxembourg. England is the assumed 10th. Slovenia is an outside possibility

3 hours ago, Clive said:

It will all be western europe from the overnight stops. 

I would guess France, Germany, Italy, Switzerland, Netherlands, Belgium, Austria, Lichenstein, Luxembourg. England is the assumed 10th. Slovenia is an outside possibility

Monaco?

A few jobs to do but nothing too major. Krusty was well sorted for the RBRR by the Rusty Custard crew and Steve did some more fettling as well.

Just braved the heat and looked at the brakes and they're fine. Oil and filter change and a few bits to swap over and we'll be sorted 🙂

1 hour ago, richard w said:

A few jobs to do but nothing too major. Krusty was well sorted for the RBRR by the Rusty Custard crew and Steve did some more fettling as well.

Just braved the heat and looked at the brakes and they're fine. Oil and filter change and a few bits to swap over and we'll be sorted 🙂

Tooth brush,...check, toilet roll, check......underpants, check.....coffee, check!...That should do it 

• Like 1

Well... best laid plans of mice and men... rear carb p155ing fuel. Air filter box off - signs of both carbs overflowing fuel (rear much worse).

So it's manifold off (I hate trying to get the waterways etc to seal refitting these damned things) and I'll pull the carbs apart and see what I find. 

Doubt it's the pump - still on mechanical and it was piddling out even on tick over. But I guess there's a chance it's that.

2 hours ago, yorkshire_spam said:

Well... best laid plans of mice and men... rear carb p155ing fuel. Air filter box off - signs of both carbs overflowing fuel (rear much worse).

So it's manifold off (I hate trying to get the waterways etc to seal refitting these damned things) and I'll pull the carbs apart and see what I find. 

Doubt it's the pump - still on mechanical and it was piddling out even on tick over. But I guess there's a chance it's that.

Why do you have to remove the manifold to investigate the carbs? 

2 hours ago, yorkshire_spam said:

No room to get a spanner on the carb->manifold nuts

That's a pain, can you not get a short spanner in on the bottom nuts? I have to take the SUs and heatshield off to get to all the manifold nuts.

How old are your floats? On the FWD my single stromberg abruptly started overflowing after being off the road for 9 months, turned out to be leaky float.