easyJet Advert 2023

Kevin R

Has anyone seen the new easyJet advert which briefly features a white Triumph Spitfire.

Looks like a MkIV of 1500 but difficult to tell as it is LHD and may have been debadged for the advert with the Triumph sign missing from the rear numberplate.

2 hours ago, yorkshire_spam said:

Late 1500 spec numberplate lights? Single piece light used on MK IV and "early" 1500s? 2 "booble" lights on later 1500s? Or am I talking twaddle once again?

You may be right, there. FH116000 onwards had the simpler rear numberplate light on non US models. I am not ready to google "booble" lights quite yet, for fear of what I uncover.

Thanks Andy for posting the pic - beyond my capabilities.

My Spitfire is a late model 1500 (Apr 1980) but rear bumper replaced at some stage with a MkIV - which I think looks better anyway.

Mine has the black door handles and rear foglights  which I assume were standard as they are original Lucas units and there is a proper foglight switch on the dash(top right) which illuminates when switched on.

1A3287C8-E07B-46AA-B3D2-388684BAB93C_1_105_c.jpeg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DVD3500 said:

I thought only one on the driver`s side was mounted from the factory and not two...

Mine has foglights on both sides and they are both identical LUCAS units and looks as though they came with the car.   However, although the car was built in April 1980 it was not registered until Sept 1981 so maybe the regulations changed making 2 compulsory.

My Spitfire has an X registration so always wondered how many if any any others there are around.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The spitfire in the advert is possibly registered in Italy, judging by the lack of form of any other letter(s) or possibly Spanish or even French? But reading the specs below, the registration number could be pre the regulations below.

ITALIAN :There are 7 digits in the registration code and they are split into three – two letters, three numbers, and two letters. The letters 'I', 'O', 'Q', and 'U' are excluded from Italian number plates. In 1999, the registration system was restructured, and the numbering begins from 'BB 000HH'.

SPANISH; The first four numbers of a Spanish Number Plate are a counter which runs from 0000 to 9999. The next 3 letters are a sequence which started with BBB and will finally end with ZZZ. As at May 2023 we are up to MGY, so once there have been 10,000 registrations the letter sequence will change to MGZ.

FRANCE The registration plates issued since 2009 use a XX-NNN-ZZ format, composed of a series of 7 alphanumeric characters: 2 letters, 3 numbers, and then 2 letters (e.g. AB-126-FD). 

That looks like a 1500 to me as the Mark 4 did not have headrests, they weren’t available until 1977, although one could always fit 1500 seats to a Mark IV.

Although that car is not UK, Fog lights were an option on the 1500 and became compulsory on all new cars in UK after 1st April 1980.

Again suggesting that the car is a 1500. 

On 16/08/2023 at 20:48, AJS said:

FRANCE The registration plates issued since 2009 use a XX-NNN-ZZ format, composed of a series of 7 alphanumeric characters: 2 letters, 3 numbers, and then 2 letters (e.g. AB-126-FD). 

Definitely not a French plate.

17 minutes ago, thescrapman said:

Could be,  which way are wipers parking? 

Look to be pointing to the left viewed from inside the car. Mind you mine are the same and mine is RHD, I think they are supposed to be the other way round but not certain.

• 8 months later...