WIMPUS

Hi you all !

Does someone know where to buy a hub puller the cheapest ?  :)

As i got a noise at the back & now got a second hand shaft.
But need to remove the hub, so i can switch the backplates ..

Better asked a few days ago, then someone could maybe buy one for me at Stoneleigh (if they where found cheaply there)

Wim

6797 wrote:
A couple on UK eBay at the moment, not cheap though!
If you were local you could borrow mine, but as it is the postage would probably cost you more than buying one!

Well yeah !  :-/
I had a look at Anglo Parts here in Belgium to see if they sell it (parts there are mostly 2 or 3 times more expensive then in the UK !  ??) )
But sometimes the price is good..

Going to mail they as i can't find it on there very bad site, but already sended a pm to Dirk (saltdirk)  :)
Actually do want one of my own, as it seems not many spit owners have it around here  :-/

Sometimes i wish i lived in the UK, just as it seems to be easier to get help for the spitfire, parts & tools  :)
Would also save me a lot on postage !  :P

vitessesteve wrote:
Canley Classics sell then: http://www.canleyclassics.com/miscellaneous-tools-and-paint/hub-pulling-tool £70 + £32

The chap who makes the TSSC items sells them on eBay direct http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/sponmon?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Why is it  70£ + 32£  Steve ?  :B

Also the one on ebay is 65£ but 48£ shipping  :-/

Just asked another guy on ebay.
Is sells it for 65£ and 16£ shipping, but he contacted me via fb.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TRIUMPH-SPITFIRE-GT6-HERALD-VITESSE-REAR-HUB-PULLER-/121566861064?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1c4df31708

and then is was loose !!

And without the 'good' tool, just used a 3 legged one.
A bit of force, then hit the hub on 3 places with a hammer  and it jumped right loose  ;D

Not sure if i would change the bearings, as the new kit i got it made in **** and the bearings & co now are made in UK/england.

Sooo..   Now to do it on the spitfire  :o

6797 wrote:
3 leg pullers have a habit of bending the hub..... Check yours is ok before you use it.

It's not bend, checked it.
Didn't need great force onto it.

Now painted it up, but found out that i can't get a nut on the shat anymore  :o
Will check when it's dry..

GT6DavidMK1 wrote:
Having used the re-manufactured hub puller for many years  :o, then managed to obtain the original Churchill hub puller :) The original puller beats the re-manufactured one, all day long!!

David.

Hi David

What are the differences?

Regards

Bruce

• 1 month later...

Hi All

I bought a hub puller off ebay last month. It shifted the first hub easily enough but the welds broke when I came use it on the second hub! When i looked closer I discovered that the weld was simply sitting on the surface with no penetration and no preparation of the joint.

Took it to someone who has a large manual arc welder and after grinding off the old welds, v slotting the joints, he then put down some good weld. The second hub popped off nicely.

Beware of the quality of the welding if you buy one of those pullers.

Bruce

This is the best hub puller by far
It just works and does the job without causing secondary damage
£65 sounds a lot but a wrecked shaft and hub is a lot more

Baz

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TRIUMPH-SPITFIRE-GT6-HERALD-VITESSE-REAR-HUB-PULLER-GUARANTEED-TO-WORK-/321723357144?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4ae834d7d8

• 2 weeks later...

I Agree, Baz
I also used  "sponmon" via Ebay
Arrived  very quickly
Looks very  professionally made with substantial welds-It needs to be very  strong - and specific to the task,"generic" hub pullers  are likely to let you down and maybe do damage.

£65 plus P&P