Getting excited now.....

As some people will know, I measure the time to something good happening in sleeps. The kids always did this (they're 15, 17 and 20years old now) and it has stuck.
After arranginging the sunday night at the enfield premier inn for my team and my sisters team, my youngest sister txt back saying 'lovely, getting excited now!!'
Neither of my sisters have done it before, but I can't imagine that after completing it, they won't want to do it again.

Only 22 sleeps to go

Colin

I'm excited too, even though I'm not in a car - I hope to jump into the Flying Tomato and see you all at either Pimperne or Didcot. Just deciding which is going to be the most interesting drive!

Another 'sleeps' story. Our daughter just asked me how many sleeps it is until she goes to "Big School" at age 10. She started primary school this week and is not yet 5 years old...  ;D

22 sleeps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Thanks for reminding me Colin!

Eric is not ready, still got to wire in the new headlights and relays (still not arrived yet!), fit the new speedo and throttle cable, replace a rear hub, top up the diff, do an oil and filter change, fit new wiper blades and also get hold of some new HT leads.

We popped into Halfords this evening to get some oil and a filter, was shocked to find they no longer sell HT leads............... WTF? What on earth has happened to Halfords?! Off to the local auto factors tomorrow!

Oh yes, still needs a polish!

Steve, I hope you are OK Mate.  After all you were a great partner on the last one.  You are a member of Team DollyRoo by default so you gotta stay well and happy.  I just know you are gonna make it this time and it will be good to see you again.   Looking forward to a BEER or 2 at the end.  Only 12 more sleeps till I leave for England.  Time fly's

I really hope you both maange to keep the leave booked Chris and Howard, what a disappointment if it is cancelled after putting effort into the car and sponsorship etc.

I got confirmation that I have charity leave approved yesterday, so I'll get the Friday and Monday off without having to use any of my normal leave allocation. But then my employer (Vodafone) s very big on employees "giving something back" either by volunteering for community work or taking time out to raise money for charity and it's actively encoraged....

Goody

Hope you remembered to pack a spare windscreen this time - there aren't many BMW agents in bonnie Scotland ;)
Looking forward to seeing you again

(My lovely lady has problems driving my 7 so my daughter is my co-driver. The 64K question is will we make it and still be talking?)

On On

H

As you know Team Dollyroo has had many Co-Drivers.  We have allways been great together.  One thing you learn no matter who your co-drivers are, At times things can get heated and you almost get pissed.  Just let it pass as things will work out.  Yes you will make a wrong turn, miss read the road book and the like.  Remember you and your co-driver are their to have FUN!  That's what it's all about.  

grrrrrr!
Got a email from Some Lea with comfort hotels, to thank me for cancelling my reservation.!!!
Seems that the comfort hotel in Enfield will seize to trade as of Sunday night. Why they accepted my bookings in the first place i would not know.
A quick panic google search and now we are booked into the Waltham Abbey Premier inn for sunday. 10 pounds extra per room plus 8 for breakfast. Still glad we dont have to drive another 50 miles on Sunday....