Breakdown drop off

Sheepy

After reading about the last 10cr and the problems when a diff blew, the car was recovered to a garage (in France if I remember correctly) and the owner having a nightmare getting it all sorted

I was thinking if the unfortunate does happen, have your car recovered to my place in Belgium, then you can leave it there for as long as you need, and we can repair it at your leisure so you can then drive it home at a later stage!

Just a thought if it helps.  ;)

tiggrr1 wrote:
Very generous of you Sheepy (clap)(clap)(clap)

Hope I don't have to take you up on it.

.......or fifty others....my god your driveway will be a bit cluttered.
Good thinking by a fellow Doncastarian ....we are clever people from up here ;D
I have this vision of being a Triumph recovery man ,shuttling back and forth ;)

michael_charlton wrote:

.......or fifty others....my god your driveway will be a bit cluttered;)

Ha ha no problem, I have lots of room (ask ferny) it would look like we was having a classic triumph meeting at my place!
Hey not a bad idea, I could charge tickets for the locals to come and view the cars!  ;)

413 wrote:
Many thanks Sheepy! Having broken down (Gearbox failure ) in Germany (10CR 2011), this would take  a lot of stress out of an unfortunate situation!

It must make the long trips very stressful knowing "what if I break down, and the headache that goes with it"
Plus I have heard of others being charged stupid amounts for "storage" fee while they wait for the car to be retrieved, so it's my pleasure if it helps!
It will give the horses something new to look at!

Fantastic offer Sheepy.  I hope no one has to take up on it.  Again this is a GREAT club!  Some might remember when I lost the windscreen a club member brought me a replacement at Roloc.  

If you have a show at your house, be sure to charge a Yorkshireman doubble.

Don't want to dampen your spirits yet ...
... but when my car broke down in 2011 it took three weeks before it got home. So a few miles short of Sheepy's place  :P

It also depends on the coverage you have on your car.
At the time in my case it said if the car couldn't be repaired in two working days it would be transported home (or a destination to my choosing).
So well worth reading the insurers small print.

No shortage of storage space,
Can put some at my place also, Sheepy and I live only a street apart. Plus you can use the fourposter if you want to repair in-situ, or borrow the trailer. (that is if we don't need it first LOL)

What Shaun forgot to add is that we are situated sort of on the route to and from Aachen if you use the Tunnel / Calais port. A bit less so if you are using anything north.

Dirk

• 1 month later...