Chriss

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

fantastic day out, got some tuition which for £10, was a bargain. I had the right lines more or less, but gear changes and braking points were sharpened and I shaved seconds away from my lap times.

My GT6 wasnt that fast, but she did the job well and only suffered with some overheating and came home with a clunking sound.

Thanks chris!

Just back home after small detour to pick up a gearbox on the way home!  Echo all the comments above, jolly fine day with some great driving and good opportunity to catch up with friends old and new.  The old Herald did me proud today - never missed a beat, didn't seem embarrassingly slower than other similar cars (despite the best efforts of the driver!) and cruised back down the motorway at 75mph most of the way!

Cheers Chris, from Mikeyb!

http://s577.photobucket.com/albums/ss218/gt6sleeper/cadwell%202009/?albumview=slideshow

Here you go
just let me know if you want the full image here is some of my favorite ones

just some of that 244 of what I have uploaded, took about 1200 but lots of the same shot so only kept 244  ;D

quick gif

689 wrote:
so was that green PI Spitfire  8)

I got 38 pics of that getting very sideways almost all the way down the pit straight 8) 8) 8) makes a good stop go kind of animation or animated gif file.

I will post a link to photobucket later (uploading loads of pics at the moment)

for now here is a taster

First-off, thanks Chris for organising an excellent day.
Well what a laugh that day was ;D! Really good to meet up with friends old and new. To me, its as much about meeting up with you guys, than it is the car stuff :). I'm dreadful with names to faces, but I spent a really great day in your company- ta! :). How bizarre to be walking back to the B+B last night down the pitch black country lanes with Roy and reading the forum threads on his mobile at silly o'clock!
Me and Roy stayed at the marvellous Nutty House and I can thoroughly recommend the facilities there, cheap as chips to. Top pub down the road too.
So piecing together the evidence, my car had a minor undiagnosed head gasket failure before the day. This became a little more evident on the way to Cadwell, in that it exacerbated a crack in the rad filler neck. So once the thermostat opened, the expansion tank was primed as the cooling system was pressurised by the HGF, which meant the rad was emptied into the expansion tank which then overflowed. Finally then, there was the calamitous entry of coolant via the HGF into the cylinders on the 15:00 session. There-after it was game over :(.
Up until that point, the car was handling great round the track. Brakes were excellent, really worked well- no fade or issues at all. The engine was running really well, pulling very strongly, right up to an indicated 7000rpm! ;D
What a blast chasing Roy around the track 8). We had a really good tussle. Very interesting to see how his 2.5 compared to my 2 litre. It was only his sensible caution about over-revving that gave me the ability to zoom past at light speed ;D
A final thank you to Roy for putting up with a rom full of bass guitar and amplifier and my droning on for 2 days :).

Here's a link to some photo's as promised earlier.

Only got half of them up today, if you want any of your car take as many as you like,If you just want some take loads,

You get the idea. so fill yer boots ;D ;D ;D

http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f36/tiggr_r1/Cadwell%202009/

I'll try to get the rest up tomorrow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIXP-STqiEQ&feature=channel_page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-T5GWi7HAM&feature=channel_page
Tops day out due to the weather,cars and CT thank you all very much.

See your car on you tube here

Excellent day! My first time at Cadwell and I loved it, as usual MSV have got it organised just right, just like their other venues. I could have done with more power; an extra 2 cylinders would be nice. Great to put faces to names at last too - Roy, Bruce, Michael (Velocita), Phil, etc. Loved the Standard 10 - what a fantastic car.

The Spirit of the Day award must go to Tim for changing a propshaft UJ mid-morning. Very impressive; most people (including me) would have just called a breakdown truck.

Some great pics, particulary like Mike B's pic showing his Herald, Dale's Herald, Paul's Spit and Mik's spit-really nice.

Also the one of Roy's GT6 coming upon Mike C's Spittie is very good-nice angle to take a pic from.

I have not changed a UJ for 20 years, so was surprised at how easy it was.

Got lots of little problems with the car at present, worse one being horrendous exhaust blow -I loathe those goddamed 'From the flames' exhaust systems!

Next event for the GT6 will be the CT Autosolo on 19th July-bring it on!

Remember all, that we have another TD booked for Mid-June at Brands Hatch.

Hi All

Was good to welcome CT to the Cadwell day. Cracking track and ideal weather :).  Thanks for your good driving and no stoppages. Hopefully the day and organisation went well for you.
Feel free to use our gallery http://www.mgs-on-track.com/gallery/ to post any pics and comment in the pit lane forum http://pitlane.mgs-on-track.com/forumdisplay.php?f=136

Look forwards to seeing you at Brands.

Tim Guy
MGoT Committee.

sparky_spit wrote:

The Spirit of the Day award must go to Tim for changing a propshaft UJ mid-morning. Very impressive; most people (including me) would have just called a breakdown truck.

I think that is because he is now on first name terms with the breakdown company and didn't want the embarrassment of ringing them again so soon after the HCR...  ;D

Colin

Well, What a Fantastic time I had in Lincolnshire!!

As many have said, great to meet up with friends I know, and new faces to names etc, Jango,mike B, Andy GT6, Gareth broken hand, Mr charlton senior& Junior!, Gazagt6.

My GT6 behaved itself, The golf Radiator mod seemd to hold the temp just about!   scrubbed up the front ns tyre a bit :B, gave the g.box a right thrashing trying to select 2nd gear at far to high a speed! :B :o

Bruce & I had a fab time at the Nutty house,also good food(and beers) at the pub a mile up the lane!

Just starting to look through all the pics that are starting to appear!! some great shots guys ! well done!

oh, does anyone else's arms still ache??
think I was gripping the wheel a tad Tightly!! :B 8)

Roy 8)

michael_charlton wrote:
Sounds more like gripping the beer glass too tight..................making sure no one nicked it!

Beer glass is probably still in your hand Roy, put it down and the pain might subside ;)

I would like to say thanks to all those involved in organising the event, I had a great day on the track even though I had a bit of a bad start. It was great to meet all the people from club triumph, it just shows how good the club and its members are when everyone gets stuck in to help when you need it most. So thanks to everyone for all the help and sorry Jango for hitting the green buffer on your side.

Archived