Chriss

That was a shame the TR7 scuffed its side on the pads, it was pristine until then. A really nice looking car by the way, very well finished indeed 8). On my penultimate lap before meltdown, I made a complete pigs-ear of the self-same corner and very nearly did the same thing :B in fact- it was so bad, I shouted at BobbySpit in the car with me to grab the wheel and help get me round the corner! The next lap, we sailed around that corner and the one following in perfect gear/braking etc. and Rob had just congratulated me on doing it properly when the engine died! ;D

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BRIGS01 wrote:
sorry Jango for hitting the green buffer on your side.

That makes you a true rally driver Bryce.

Note when I hit the tyrewall at the Roskirk Stages it was on Sarah's side of the car.

It's always the navigator's side

Even though some said my Spitfire seemed to be going well round Cadwell, it was not spot on. Found out today why...........got my own Farraday experiment going on under the Bonnet..........sparks tracking all over the dizzy cap to earth. Still, at least I managed to complete the day and get home alright.

Had a really great day, thanks Chris and MGoT. Nice to meet everyone,
just didn't seem to have time for any meaningfull chats.
Top hose went as we arrived (terrible maintenance) but otherwise
the car behaved well.What a lovely circuit.
Roll on Oulton Park.

A few days after event, but I seem to have been well away from an internet for 4 days. As others have said, thanks to all involved, a thoroughly enjoyable day.

The old Spitfire behaved itself again for the 100+ miles of track laps, despite seeing 7000 revs on several occasions. My rattle at idle, has turned into a washing machine of spanners - but it shuts up once over 2000 revs. I'm hoping it's the alternator.

I had the in-car camera on for a few sessions so will do a montage of people coming past me, once I've edited it down a bit.

Russell.

Tim,

We managed to get Bruce's car the 5miles to the B&B ! Stopping a few times to cool it down!
Sat morn  Bruce drove it around the corner to a lay by, then 'broke down' and called Recovery .

He's already got the Head off, currently doing a Diagnosis!
Im sure he will be on soon to give us the full sp.

Well done on getting ur Gt6 going again after the uj fail ! :)

Roy.

As said previous, mine was running rough from HCR and all round Cadwell , could not spot what it was, thought it was the dizzy cap.Now its dead completely.......Ive killed a Spitfire......retribution for killing the pheasant on the way to HCR at Southwold on A14

michael wrote:

does not take email 2 returned regards michael

Michael - I got this off their website - try 07957596390

by telephone:
+44 (0) 7957 596390

or by post:
Xtreme Sports Photography
Ling O Dell
Gallamore Lane
Market Rasen
Lincolnshire
LN8 3HZ

timbancroft61 wrote:
Any news on the head gasket failure of Bruce's car-really sad to see that happen.
Bit of a cutie his car eh!
Must say that both Bruce's and Roy's cars were looking good at Cadwell. Nice that four roundtail GT6s and one roundtail Spit were there.

Nice of you to say Tim- thank you :)!
It really was an exceptional day, the people, the cars, the circuit, the organisation, the weather etc 8).
I'll start a thread on the car's malady in the GT6 section.
http://club.triumph.org.uk/cgi-bin/forum10/Blah.pl/Blah.pl?m-1241636086/

Archived