28th Dec. The “Hangover” Gravel Autotest

ferny

I somehow managed for forget the SLR I always use and the old digital I've removed the UV filter from. So I have 11 (not including the phone). Old cameras are like old cars in that their smell and feel can't be beaten. I'm tempted to take this one to a car show one day - it'll go nicely with the classics. I just need to buy some bulbs for the flash and maybe some more film. Bloody expensive. £25 for ten shots last time I bought some.

• 2 weeks later...

I will be doing this event after all...... Christmas plans have changed so I'm free this Sunday now. I'll contact Colin at BCC and let him know tomorrow and sign-on on the day.

Colin (thescrapman) is also doing it (sharing my car - poor fool) so hopefully all the more points for Essex!

Doug - the results were:

1st CT Mike Banks - 128.10s - 4th overall
2nd CT Peter Fern - 136.37s - 10th overall
3rd CT Michael Helm - 137.40s - 11th overall
4th CT Colin Wake - 140.10s - 12th overall

Very good day, not as cold as it could be (as the sun came out for a while), and the gravel was dry, which was nice. Best bit is that Michael, Colin and I got loads of points for Issix, and Peter's car didn't lose all it's water this time (probably 'cos Katie wasn't there to look and point at it).

Full results at http://www.bedfordcarclub.org.uk/reports/reports.htm

sparky_spit wrote:
Doug - the results were:

1st CT Mike Banks - 128.10s - 4th overall
2nd CT Peter Fern - 136.37s - 10th overall
3rd CT Michael Helm - 137.40s - 11th overall
4th CT Colin Wake - 140.10s - 12th overall

I thought I was 4th out of CT cars! I'll not complain - happy surprise.

Quote:
Peter's car didn't lose all it's water this time (probably 'cos Katie wasn't there to look and point at it)
The oil made a good escape for freedom on the way to and from the event though!

Archived