Ok,

So we now know where we stand with the event, roll on next October!

Erm hang on, thats like only 11 months away.

So my question.....

What car are you participating in and what current condition is it in?

Wrighty and myself are going in my 72 Spitfire. Its currently sat in a barn at Willow Triumph with the engine in pieces and with every panel a different colour. It needs the chassis welding, the rear wheel bearings doing, the front suspension replacing and at the moment my business demands 8 days a week of my time  :) 11 months that's ages!

Phil, keep RPP roadworthy lol.

Over to you....

Good luck all.

Ash.

RBRR is like a wedding you think you have lots of time, next thing you its here and there still lots to do!!! :o
PI is ready just doing some fettling, brakes all overhauled, new radiator, heating has been flushed out and works a treat, new full stainless steel sports exhaust, Alloy wheels to be fitted.
Then just keep running it about to see if it breaks :P

David.

willows40 wrote:
mine is on road at moment but before rbrr should have a new coat of paint and rear suspension rebuild,prop balanced,find a spare stag alloy.
back up car would be my old(now mates) coupe but that would need an auto box put in.

You need a Stag Alloy???

If they are the same as 2500S ones then I have just picked up about a dozen.

Let me know.

Cheers

Colin

Now my entry is confirmed (woohoo!!, only been trying to get in for 2 years), will start work over christmas. Complete new front suspension, uprate the rear and fit the Canley`s driveshaft conversion. Drag the MGF leather seats out of storage and modify those to fit, new mohair hood or hardtop, can`t decide? Plusd all the other bits that can and do go wrong!

Will complete my RBBR preparations this weekend by fitting a brand new original steering wheel to my TR7 "YAK".

Not sure what I have myself in for, but the RBBR sounded like to much fun not to have a go:) However YAK is already booked to travel down to the Le Mans classic in the summer as a warm up...

Well, this makes me feel a little happier. Ideally, by RBRR I will have uprated front and rear suspension, rebuilt braking system with a couple of basic mods, replaced sills and A-posts, completely strip down and rebuild the engine, tuning it along the way, and also have gutted and replaced the interior. I am also considering a new soft-top, hopefully a new paint job and possibly a better set of tyres.

Now I rather suspect that I will not have done some of this work by then, however she will be in full MOTable condition (she will have to be, as if my memory serves me rightly her current MOT is up somepoint in September. I shall be a rather nervous wreck by then :D )

ashmeson2005 wrote:
Ok,

Erm hang on, thats like only 11 months away.

Ash,
Didn'y you say you were wanting to take your car to CLM. That would make it only 7 months! We'll forget about all the intervening ones since you first said it would be going.... ;)

Yours
Mark

the dolomite sprint has good body work on it but still requires a bit of attension. the fuel pump needed replacing - just needs to be fitted. car needs a tune and an mot put on it. and any mot failture work to be carried out however hope it will not fail!

just minor bits really and then test it .

the dolomite sprint has good body work on it but still requires a bit of attension. the fuel pump needed replacing - just needs to be fitted. car needs a tune and an mot put on it. and any mot failture work to be carried out however hope it will not fail!

just minor bits really and then test it .

Well mine will be returned to me (hopefully this weekend) with new paint and all new mechanicals...

Head came back from fitting exhaust seats and having a slight skim late last week - so that can go on the new engine already in the car.

Then it "just" needs all the trim, electrics, bulkhead stuff, Dellortos etc etc all putting back on.

11 months - easy!

(or 304 days - I've just updated the CT countdown timer on the top of the forum...)

mark_spit wrote:

Ash,
Didn'y you say you were wanting to take your car to CLM. That would make it only 7 months! We'll forget about all the intervening ones since you first said it would be going.... ;)

Yours
Mark

Dam it Mark :) I forgot about CLM.

Now i did charge the battery up on the TVR and have a drive at the weekend, hmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!! Tempting!!!

Going to cause some sleepless nights this one, its a hard life!

Ash.

No 6 on the reserve list so keeping my fingers crossed :)

If we get in we''ll be doing it in the Spit 2500 this time round which is ready to go now. Having just had the fuel pump replaced, the diff reset and fitted with one of Canley's bling cast diff cases hopefully a full service and few extra miles a couple of weeks or so before is all that will be needed. Famous last words eh... ::)

The Saloon will be back up. It's getting new sills and a complete suspesion overhaul starting in the summer so it will be touch and go if it'll be back on the road by October in any case knowing the speed I work at  :o

Archived