• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alex wrote:
Keith D,
Good news allround Karl's on the mend and your doing the RBRR......perhaps it'd be in bad taste to rub it in with Karl ;)

After all that lovely nurse attention I think Karl's probably had enough of "rubbing it in"

sorry, I'll get my coat

Alex wrote:
Keith D,
Good news allround Karl's on the mend and your doing the RBRR......perhaps it'd be in bad taste to rub it in with Karl ;)

After all that lovely nurse attention I think Karl's probably had enough of "rubbing it in"

sorry, I'll get my coat

beans wrote:
Looks like the "Kilts 'n' Clogs" team car's been sorted  :-/

At least I booked my flights in and out of Britain.
Hopefully don't have to take one of the wedges in the hand luggage  :X

Please don't make us see McJim in a skirt - you can wear your clogs though, that would be fun to watch you drive in them :-)

Just been speaking to Dave Langrick, all the Notts lot are ready.

Nigel Gair's car has passed the MOT, now just needs a third driver.

Andy Robert's Stag saloon is coming along.

Sounds like McJim's ex Greeks GT6 is nearly there-he has been very chilled about the whole thing.

Dave Kent is sorting his cyl head and gearbox.

Andy Martin's Vitesse is about to have a diff change.

Few Enfield escapades happening with 'Fred' Slezak threatening to do the event with Katie Foreman in Fred's Spittie, this will leave Dave Picton to find a co-driver in the 'Carpet' (Fred's 2000 mk1) and Doug F to get Colin Jenner along for him to do the event in the Herald. One snag, Fred's Spit needs new pistons???? Pure mentalism.

Mine is going like a train!

This RBRR has been abit weird in that there has not been the usual rush to get cars finished-usually I hear of mentalist late night work sessions. I suppose the shocker has been Dave Pearson and his Atlast, sounds like it is as ready as a vehicle like that will ever be-still amazed that a utility vehicle is being used on the RBRR. Hair shirt anyone? Of course this is the first RBRR in 42 years to have Standard vehicles taking part. Lloyd McNeil is using a Std Ten pick up-albeit with a 1500 lump and o/d box.

Drivers Packs will be complied by me tonight. No windscreen CLUB TRIUMPH stickers this time I am afraid. We will have spare event stickers which we will sell for a small RNLI donation at the DMs and the Start. Jase will discuss the Text Message Service-looks brilliant.

Remember DMs start at 20.30, please get there in plenty of time as we have to dish out the packs.

So nearly there after 15 months of part-time work-as usual a pleasure to organise something for such a good bunch of people. I am def. getting that RBRR vibe!

RBRR: Fantastic!

There's more Triumph in the Atlas than you think or is there more Standard in our Triumphs :-)

I like the whole "born with a beer in hand" idea of the Atlast and the fact that if (and I'm realistic enough to say if) we complete the run we will be there forever as the first Standard Atlas to complete the RBRR, every year when the table of models is produced, there we'll be :-)

Dave's already got the first Chicane and the first "Mk3" in the bag - what next?

Jason wrote:

I like the whole "born with a beer in hand" idea of the Atlast and the fact that if (and I'm realistic enough to say if) we complete the run we will be there forever as the first Standard Atlas to complete the RBRR, every year when the table of models is produced, there we'll be :-)

?

and let that be a warning, surely no-one will be stupid enough to try that stunt again............

Jason wrote:

Dave's already got the first Chicane and the first "Mk3" in the bag - what next?

I rather liked your idea of the Triumph Tina's. Not sure we could do it two up, it's probably better if we had one each. Hang on it's just come to me Triumph Tina, and side car combination, that way one of us could get some shut eye. Do they have fag lighter sockets on Triumph Tina's so we have somewhere to plug in the Sat-nav?

I think the Tina's rubber band variomatic type transmission might be a challenge -love this write up of it -  http://www.classicmotorcycles.org.uk/classicbikes/cb_triumph_tina.htm

OR

The larger engined Triumph Tigress

strippey suits optional. I say tigress because they did do them with sidecars (looking for a picture now) but, this is a car club and we should really stick to cars!

Maybe a Pre-War Triumph? A Vitesse or a Gloria?  

Sorry I'm dreaming now

timbancroft61 wrote:

Mine is going like a train!

timbancroft61 wrote:

This RBRR has been a bit weird in that there has not been the usual rush to get cars finished

1. you do realise you ahve just cursed the GT into instant failure as you wheel spin out of the car park at the Plough.

2. You ain't looking hard enough!

:-)

Colin

timbancroft61 wrote:
I seem to remember Fred disappearing on the 04 event so she could have a bath!!!!

...a what? Surely the charm of the even and one of the aims is to smell like a badger at the end :-)

By the way, entry list has been updated again - seem like I;m doing this daily at the moment but good that your changes are coming in. Please do tell me if car crew or anything else relevant changes with your entry.

That's assuming you haven't climbed in, sat down and thought, "where's the steering wheel gone?"

Did that  a couple of times in an ex argentine Landy our section had for a week or two down in the Falklands (1991).  Mind we did sup a lot of tax free export strength beer on an evening.........

Mark

Archived