• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jase, don't be a frump! (is it really cheating? Seriously, under the rules of the event is it not allowed?) Two top people and massive contributors to CT who really, really want to do the run but are stymied by munchkin sitting problems should be able to split the effort surely? The car and the co-driver will be doing the whole event so is it really a problem?

I'm no expert on the rules but it's not really in the spirit of the event to change crews - that's a whole different event. Having said that it's not really in the spirit of the event to deny good people a run.

I don't know the answer but it will get debated :-)

Aargh! Joke! Stop flapping you lot before you take off. We'll stow the children in the boot if necessary. That's also a joke.

On a more serious note, we do have issues. If someone wants to live in my house for a long weekend then I have a lovely holiday home on offer, centrally located near lots of amenities and just opposite a lovely golf course. My house comes with a fully stocked kitchen and a range of Triumphs (not for cooking on). Also comes with two small children. Many stairs to keep you fit and cars to keep you entertained. Courtesy of a kind contribution I have £5 to pay you as well :-) Can you hire nannies by the weekend?

The list is getting bigger as we have a few late entries. We're currently at entry number 146 with 34 non-runners (either withdrawn or decided not to take up reserve places) so that leaves us with currently 112 cars.

This is going to reduce in the coming weeks, it always does but even if it follows the trends of previous years we'll still get over 100 cars and that's great. This is the biggest RBRR ever. Bring it on :-)

There will be marshalls sorting out parking (if anyone not doing the run wants to help out at the start, please get in touch with Tim) and we have a cunning plan but it will be tight.

Those of you turning up late will be cursed - I speak from experience following my last RBRR crank snapping fiasco.

As all the crew MUST sign on you cannot just turn up and start, you must park up, sign on and then you can go through the start.

Advice for all entrants - turn up with time to spare please :-)

Oh and to all the "veterans" out there - REMEMBER, this run we start 30 mins earlier! That's 18:30 hours aka 6:30 pm.

It's still Tim Hunt, follow the link in my sig for the most up to date entry list.

Once entry numbers are allocated they never change, we don't recycle - you were allocated No5 Jony therefore once you pulled out, No5 was lost and no one can run with that number this year.

Now that Tim & Jase have been informed and the entry list has been amended accordingly I can now announce that I've had to pull out due to lack of money and not having any of my cars fite for the run in time. The lack of money means that not only can't I afford the petrol but I can't afford to spend money on getting a car fit for the run.

The Dolomite 1850 has a leaky auto box which has to come out for repair or replacement. That won't be cheap!
The Acclaim CD needs an exhaust tailpipe. This car has the later type of exhaust and the Guru (Barry) only has the earlier ones and new ones are hard to come by.
The Dolomite 1300 has some front end damage. Again this won't be cheap to rectify.
The Acclaim HL needs quite a bit of work for the MoT and then I'll have to fork out for road tax.

Basically I'm stuffed!

Archived