sorbs wrote:
Don't forget that you can do your own RBRR any old time you like, just get in your car, stick some petrol in and go! Follow the other cars if you're not sure of the route.... No need for complex forms, entry fees  etc....... :)

and how many Round Britain Reliability Runs have you completed?

Believe it or not there is a lot of logistical effort required to organise and run the RRBR. I for one appreciate being a member of a Club than has members willing to put themselves out to assist running this event.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see where Sorbs is coming from, anyone could go outside side this friday evening, jump in their car, go and pick up a mate or 2, and head for John o'Groats and then onto Lands End, you actually don't need someone to organise it for you. You could just go and do it!

But...... practically no-one would. And that is the point. By providing an organised event, you get people motivated.

And that is why the RBRR exists, to get 200+ people out in their cars, having fun. And to raise some money for the RNLI as it is this year.

By going alone you miss out on the whole occassion.

Imagine getting to John o'Groats and all you find is sheep and a force 10 gale, A bit of a grim thought eh??

Now compare that to getting there and finding an enormous cooked breakfast and 100 Triumphs, all full of people who are having a whale of a time.

Now to you get the point???

:-)

Colin

The "Round Britain Reliability Run" link in the "Events" tab at the top of the page works.

Keith will need to look at the problem with the link in the "Competitions" tab.

On the subject of competitions, is the RBRR a competition ?
It isn't a race, and there are no first and last places, everyone who finishes gets an award, so I believe that it is an event and not a competition.

bobyspit wrote:
The link at the top of the page is no longer working!
No more news or sneeky peaks looking at my name on Team Shorts ;D

What link? if you are referring to '' Triumph Torque  ›  Round Britain Run  ›  General  ›  RBRR Entry List'' at the top of the page that is a thread title not a hyper-link.

Confused,
Richard   :-/

In answer to Kevin's query.

Sometime ago the Main Ctte decided to include the TAP events we do (RBRR and 10CR) under the events that the Competition sub committee group organise. This seemed logical as so much of the process of running the event is similar to to that used for a scatter or navigational rally and because the event is not a static event such as a car show.

This is confused in that some of the stronger local group areas organise a couple of car runs that are run as TAPs.

Tim Hunt's 'Show and events' sub committee organises the Club's National Day, and our stand presence at the NEC CLasic Car Show, Stoneleigh, Silverstone Classic etc.

Each one of the groupings listed under the Competition heading has a member of that sub-committee that heads that grouping up: 10CR: Ellis, Track days: 'Fred' Slezak etc etc.

I hate the term 'Committee' sounds so formal and stuffy, but we can not think of anything else as a title!

Back to the RBRR:

At present we have 116 entrants, unfortunately no round tail Spits or GT6 as Neil Dowie has withdrawn.

Regretfully I'm going to withdraw my entry for the RBRR this year. The car is still not even close to being ready and I'll only realistically have another three weekends to work on it even if it came back from having its bodywork done next week. That's not enough time to prepare and test a car that hasn't been driven since the end of the last RBRR!

Oh well, at least with all these entries pulling out you might all stand a chance of actually fitting in the car park at the plough for the start  8)

Jason, is this message enough to withdraw the entry or do you need an email/PM etc. as well to make it official?

Good luck to all those that do make the start. If I can keep the weekend clear I might be able to marshal somewhere instead.

Looks like my mate isn't quite ready for the RBRR. When he asked me where we were staying Friday/Saturday night and I had to explain the facts of RBRR life, his jawed dropped and certain non-wife friendly words were emitted.  Something about 'nutters' and 'out of your dead'  (eek)

Still I did a good job of converting him, as he's now going to take over the 2000TC I recently bought.

Nick J.

have to driving through the night, the whole challenge is to get the car and crew around in the time allotted and prove that the car can do it - I mean there's a clue in the name "reliability" run - not "holiday" run :-)

Yes we are nutters and proud of it!

black_tower wrote:
Hey Sorbs, if you do the run by your self in 48 hours, instead of a tankard, I'll get you one of these instead  ;D (evil)

Thanks, I do my best.

You're all well aware of my reasons for withdrawing from the RBRR.  When I mentioned that I planned to do the RBRR with three mates, everyone I spoke to outside of old Triumph world thought it seemed a great idea until they realised that we'd be paying £60 per person just to drive around on UK roads in my own car.  No-one could get their head around the need for an entry fee.  I didn't mind the fee, I'm sure it's used for something good but to real people in the real world it seemed crazy.

Archived