• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Change in the crew of car 44.  Due to family porblems my long time partner Keith Obuchon has droped out.  I am pleased to announce that Bill and Karen Davies are now with me as a TEAM!  I hope outhers who need team members give a sopt to club members who missed the list.   OnWard Team Dollyroo!

People drop out for all sorts of reasons, mostly car preparation issues, some for work commitments, others who enter early without a co-driver find they can't get their mate, wife, mistress, kid to join them. Crews tend to consolidate too and yes people under estimate the cost/commitment - car prep can take it's toll in time and money.
There's no prize for the most sponsorship money collected, perhaps we should consider one?

Even though I played a small part I think the Team (car 74) of Ashley Mills, Peter Wenzel and myself had to be the top money collector or quite close! in 06.  I know Ash goes all out to get sponsers, he really beats them bush'ies.  I know my new team will do all they can this time.  A prize for the winner is a good idea.  Even if its only a certificate of appreaceation.   Or maby even team's contest as we are car #5 of the Birmingham Posie!  I have a donation comming from my local Triumph club here "Capital Triumph Register"  Again I will have our small window stickers to give out to any who might want one.  Please ask if you want one.  Bill

I do not feel the need to have a formal competition and award for the entrants that gain the most sponsorship. Surely the Charity is motivation enough.

Also to be honest we and my fellow organisers have enough RBRR work to do, at pres. I am well behind.

Should'nt this topic be on the Charity section of the RBRR part of the forum?

Archived