• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

India is always interesting, this was my longest trip so far and it was pretty good business wise. I don't tend to do the tourist bits as it's never much fun on your own. However, I did spend some free time with guys form one of my teams, had some fun. I get around enough as I cover operations in three cities when I go.

Yes there was movement in the list, check the website for full details. There is always some change either in minor detail or in crews dropping out or consolidating. I won't publicise each movement, it'll just be there to see. As soon as a crew moves up into the Running List I will email them and ask for payment.
The on-line list will always be the most up to date, my signature will tell you the date of the last update :-)

Just done a tally chart of the various models:

2000 mk2                               20no.
Spitfire mk4-1500                          17no.
Stag                    12no.
2000 mk 1                               10no.
Vitesse                               7no.
Herald 13/60               6no.
GT6 mk1 & 2               5no.
GT6 mk3                               5no.
TR6                    5no.
Dolomite Sprint                          5no.
Dolomite                               4no.
Spitfire mk 1-3                          4no.
TR4/4A                               4no.
TR7                    4no.
Herald 1200               3no.
Acclaim                               2no.
TR3A                    1no.
TR8                    1no.
Standard 10               1no.
Standard Atlas                          1no.
To be advised                          3no.

Why are'nt TR7/8 that popular this time?

• 3 weeks later...

No changes at all Rob - it's in the hands of the Gods now, as soon as I hear of a drop out I update the list, it's all "virtual" so it doesn't matter if I'm on the road or in India, it gets updated within hours :-)

• 3 weeks later...

Some minor detail changes added today.

http://club.triumph.org.uk/comps/index.php?id=14

PLEASE note, if the online list shows "TBA" under any of your details then you need to tell me the missing info ASAP please.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

MWG445 wrote:
What's happened to the list?

McJim.

Not a lot mate :-) Are you implying there's a problem with it? I often find that after updating it the page only displays a proportion of the full list - if I go back and update it again it works! I haven't been able to suss out why.

MWG445 wrote:
What's happened to the list?

McJim.

Not a lot mate :-) Are you implying there's a problem with it? I often find that after updating it the page only displays a proportion of the full list - if I go back and update it again it works! I haven't been able to suss out why.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Guys, I was just tidying up the list for a final upload before I go to India tomorrow, however the Comps server won't let me in :-( I'll have a go again tomorrow.

The only material change is that we have one withdrawal off the Running List which opens up a place for car 129. There are some details like car and crew additions too.

I'll be away for three weeks but should be able to get online from time to time, Indian IT permitting :-)

As can be seen, Jon Ellis and David Powell have withdrawn from the event.

Jon's CT membership lapsed some time ago, owing to a number of factors he could not re-new. Both me and Jason had a few amicable conversations with him about this and agreed to give him some time to sort his membership out, we agreed to give him till the end of June. Anyrate as time is pressing on, and Jon could not re-join, we agreed the other night that he should withdraw so as to give a 'reservist' time to prepare for the event.

I must say that Jon has been totally open with us about the situation, I hope he may one day re-join CT and take part in another event.

Goody wrote:
I see Pat Barber and Blake Discher droped out.  Anyone know why.  Been a while since I heard form or saw Blake.  He moved his American Run to make this one.

Sorry, I don't get to these forums very often.  Unfortunately, I am scheduled to have some surgery on my left shoulder which will put me out for about 4-6 weeks.  This will prevent me from getting my car to Baltimore to have it shipped to Southampton. I would have the surgery done earlier, but Blake and I are hosting our national Triumph Convention here in Detroit the first week of August.  

As Tim Bancroft indicated, I am looking for a ride for the RBRR.  I will be healed in time for the event.  If anybody needs a co-driver, please let me know. Thanks!!

Archived