• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As soon as I know of a drop out I'll inform the next in line. I will probably need a fresh cheque as by then the original will be out of date - I won't go cashing any cheques without telling the reservists first.

No one has dropped out yet, everyone's still keen :-)

Oh whilst I remember, anyone needing more sponsorship forms or RNLI packs please shout, I have lots here and will post them out ASAP if you need them.

Bobyspit,

Don't worry, we are dealing with people and old cars. Quite a few entrants are working on their cars and inevitably some will run out of time. As I have previously mentioned approx 10% withdraw before the event, some do not even make it to the start.

Give me a call if you want more re-assurance.

As for tagging on, please do not. This could have bad consequences for the event. Had a chap who wanted to do that in 06, main concern is that it would debase the event for the future.

Tim & James no worries, I have beefed up the event to friends and family, I have been promised quite a lot of sponsor money and all before I have got a positive about being in the event. My own enthusiasm and fault really!

Do not worry the event is bigger than me and I would not want to spoil for anybody else.
I will be patient and prepare for the event, If I get to do it great if not I will support all that are taking part, I have booked the time off from work and if I do not get to go on the run, I will support a stop station and cheer the entrants on!
Thanks for the re-assurance.
Rob

• 1 month later...

Right, first of the withdrawals in the last 24 hours:

The following entrants have dropped out:
No. 10 Ruth Nobbs and Jason Lane: TR7. (Ruth and Jason will be taking part with Chris Nobbs in his Dolomite Sprint).
No. 58: Jim Fotheringham: GT6.

So its nice to be able to welcome:
No.121: Pete Connaughton and Adam Clayton in Pete's gorgeous 2000 mk2 now fitted with a 2500 engine and overdrive gearbox.
No.122: Claire Hill and Nigel Hill: Vitesse mk2

We have one new crew added to the 'Reservists' in (No. 133) Tony Francis and Nigel Warren in Tony's TR7 DHC. Tony very kindly marshaled at Dartmoor last time and fancies a go at the event.

Jason is away at present.

;D ;D ;D  Yoo Hoo!!!  Were in so it's full speed ahead with the Boulder mobile 2.5 engine and overdrive is in and running alloys in process of stripping and cleaning, new clocks and 3.45 diff to do Hopefully ;D  repray in the summer.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived