• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2litre_e1182067039 wrote:
well for my sins it appears i'm number 140. sorry to disappoint you james  mines not a six pot, ( the 2litre engine size threw you i believe)  :)

Threw me :-) I shouldn't presume should I!

Welcome to the madness

I was baffled by this as the pies were not "available" when we arrived, you had to ask and were issued with a plate with pies and sausage rolls - you couldn't take more than you were given. I guess you could "go round again" but then blagging pies is against the rules!

Jason wrote:
LOL - last time those pies went straight through me, never made it out of the showroom. The loo was fragrant when I entered and a bio hazard when I left  :D

That's helped the chilli beef soup I'm eating for breakfast go down a treat.

Right - lots of updates to the list, comings and goings, drew consolidations and even the odd new entrant (well I think to be honest we're all "odd").

I have also listed those entrants with entry details missing or wrong - co driver details missing, email addresses not working, car details missing etc. Please take a look at the news site and make sure it's not you, if it is then get in touch with me stating your entry number and correct details please.

Thanks

Nick,

If a member of CT get them to send an entry form to Jason Chinn, address as entry form.

The entry form can be downloaded from the Comp side of this website.

If not a member of CT, ask them to complete the membership form etc and pay online. or otherwise ask them to complete a M'ship form and send with the RBRR entry form to Jase. Two cheques though, Jase will forward the membership gubbins to John Snook.

PM Jase or me with name so we can look out for their entry etc.

Thanks Nick.

Tim

RBRR central is starting to get busy!!!! Brilliant!

As far as a "closing date" is concerned we have traditionally used the end of August to draw a line on entry activity. We have decided to run 120 cars so we'll try and fill that (or keep it filled) however the amount of activity for the RBRR organisers steps up from here and to be honest I'd like to draw a line and get on with the rest of the stuff that needs doing - remember the organisers are also entrants and have day jobs too :-) We've got driver's briefings, entry packs and roadbooks to do as well as start organisation and charity liason - lots to do and it's all manageable as long as we can build in some certainty somwhere - don't get me wrong, it's good fun and nice to put something into the club.  8)

sorbs wrote:
Don't forget that you can do your own RBRR any old time you like, just get in your car, stick some petrol in and go! Follow the other cars if you're not sure of the route.... No need for complex forms, entry fees  etc....... :)

Good idea, you can also have you're own car show - just walk around a carpark saying things like "I learned to drive in one of those" or "Nice MG" then sit in a deckchair and drink tea from a tartan flask.

"Complex forms" err, there's only one form and apart from your name and address it asks what car you'll be driving - there's no pass or fail  :)

Entry fee - quite right, it's an outrage - pay for something you want? That's just not right when everything else in life is free.

sorbs wrote:
Don't forget that you can do your own RBRR any old time you like, just get in your car, stick some petrol in and go! Follow the other cars if you're not sure of the route.... No need for complex forms, entry fees  etc....... :)

Ahh, but then what sort of nut would jump in their car on their own and drive 2000miles in 48 hours just for fun? Oh, wait...

But still, you'd be a Billy-no-mates and if you broke down wouldn't get help. Plus you'd have to buy your own tankard!

I can see the appeal of doing it on your own if say, you had a brown car and didn't want hundreds of people with similar style but far nice looking cars to see you in it. Other than that I can't.

Archived