• 3 weeks later...

CRAJ wrote:

Booked it online last night, £19 for a family room, £6-50 each for breakfast and the little lad gets his for free. £32 b&b for the three of us. Sorted.

Colin.

There is going to be quite a crown of Triumphs ;)

How old is your son? will he not be bored with the whole event not much to do other than look out of the window :)
Or have you a dvd screen

He will have just turned 11. I hope he wont get bored, he knows some members of other crews doing the event, and as my Dad is not good at map reading or following the satnav, Callum will be fairly busy keeping an eye on that sort of thing, so that I can get a bit of sleep.

I'm thinking of getting an invertor in the car so that he can use the netbook and vodafone dongle as we go round.

He is also talking about doing a presentation at his school to encourage a bit of sponsorship.

Also, sitting in the back of the estate he will be in charge of catering, with food and drink just an outstretched arm away from him ;)

Colin.

Mmmm, a char-wallah in the back. That's tempting.

Dinner cooking on the engine, and boiling water straight from the radiator for the char.

Time to evict Darren I think.

:-)

I don't think he will be bored. There will be pictures to take and upload to the forum, progress reports etc.

There is loads of stops to speak to other people. Navigating etc for your dad.

Cheers

Colin

187 wrote:
Myself and my two Bro's are booked in at Cheshunt.

Didn't book the Breakfasts just incase we don't finish the event.

Three big lads............ one vitesse convertible.

You should finish, I hope I do, last years failure on the 10CR was embarrassing as I had the tools and parts to fix it.
Looking forward to the next 10cr where I can redeem myself   ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Bodmin Moor, I think I remember seeing it last time but its a bit of a blur. I was well behind after my Oswestry Diesel fopar  and did the whole lot from Oswestry to LE whilst my Co driver slept like a baby. Still I did wake up for a bit on Dartmoor and then for cake at Pimperne to take the last leg. Can't Wait I just love the RBRR.

Archived