• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AlanChatterton wrote:

I had a £20 bet with Mr Bancroft that it would be sold by Friday.

I win.

Tim....... you owe me MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alan,

Bastard!!

Tim

Quoted Text
Tim,

You owe me £20.00!!

Acclaim sold, FOR PROFIT, and a deposit paid this morning.

ta daaaaaa!!

Alan

sent a PM to Tim reminding him he had lost the bet........ this was the response!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

mikew wrote:

I am ashamed at the language from a respected Club Officer  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

TBH Mike, I was expecting far worse!

Sent him the link for my virgin just giving page so the £20 he owes me can go straight into my charity pot.

I'll let you all know when he cough's up........ so we can keep hounding him until he does!!!    ;D ;D

sorbs wrote:

Look at it, holding up the proper Triumphs.

You are so right your Lordship, the photo below shows us and Dave Marshall's 2000 waiting for the Acclaim somewhere in Scotlandshire. I had to get the long lens out to scan the horizon for them, Craig has clearly nodded off waiting.

4247 wrote:

Now that's a good idea!

Also, he didn't have any running repairs, so he must've saved even more loot  ;D

A percentage of the profit on the sale wouldn't hurt either, as the completion of the RBRR must have increased the car's value  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

mpbarrett wrote:
Time to come out....

Yes I have brought it.
The Herald is off in darkest East Anglia being fettled,
Jane's Rover is mis-behaving and heading to a garage for some expensive credit card therapy.
The GT6 is great, and behaving perfectly, but is not very good for commuting to work in the winter.

So I thought it was time to try the last Triumph model (it was the Acclaim or a 1989 Metro..). Bit scary as I have never brought a car without trying it first but any car that can survive a RBRR cant be too bad :))

Mike

Just driven it back from Alans in Redditch to Cambridge and its rather nice, but very Un-Triumph like, everything works, it does not rattle or bang over bumps, the windows arent draughty, its quiet (you can hear the radio)  and most strange the fuel gauge hardly moved after 100 miles....
It makes you realise how dated the Dolomite was when the Acclaim replaced it.
Sensible sort of car, you can drive it without very little input or involvement but its not as much fun as the Herald or GT6!
:)

Mike

mpbarrett wrote:

Just driven it back from Alans in Redditch to Cambridge and its rather nice, but very Un-Triumph like, everything works, it does not rattle or bang over bumps, the windows arent draughty, its quiet (you can hear the radio)  and most strange the fuel gauge hardly moved after 100 miles....
It makes you realise how dated the Dolomite was when the Acclaim replaced it.
Sensible sort of car, you can drive it without very little input or involvement but its not as much fun as the Herald or GT6!
:)

Mike

You won't regret it Mike. I owned this car before Alan and it served me well. On the face of it it's just cheap, reliable transport but once you have driven it for a few days you will find it has a trace of character lurking beneath the surface.

Enjoy!