• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For £75 I can fly direct from Prestwick and back to Milan.

Time is more of an issue for me than cost.

Most low cost carrier flights arrive at Bergamo late at night.

Current Ryanair flights eminate from Prestwick, Liverpool and Stansted to Milan (Bergamo).

East Midlands starts on 27th March 2011 and Gatwick is also due to start flying direct shortly.

There are also direct flights with a similar driving distance to the Stelvio from Verona in Italy and Memmingham near Munich.

Everyone could met up on the Stelvio and make their own route plan and timing.

We could also make a control on top of the Stelvio for the 10CR using this method.

Worth a thought.

Jim.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Since the GT6 is up for sale, I'll not be able to do the 10CR, so David Huddy (my RBRR co-driver) and I are already booking our trip for the 3rd week in July to suit our holiday/work committments.

Not going to let the lack of a Triumph stop us driving up the Stelvio.

Our proposed schedule is fly to Bergamo, pick up the car, then book into a nearby hotel since our flight won't be in till 9:30 at night.

Next day the route is proposed as:

Bergamo, Lecco, north to the Splugen Pass, Tiefencastel, Davos to Stelvio via the Fluelapass, the single track tunnel to Livigno, Bormio then the Stelvio and stay at a hotel on the pass.

Day 2:

Up early before the tourists, up and down the Stelvio a few times, then the Gavia Pass, the Vivone Pass, then east towards Bagolino via the Croce Di Domini, then further east to Lake Garda via Gargano then south to the autostrada and the airport for the flight home.

Jim.

• 2 weeks later...

Good bit of film Jim - shame it was only with a Z3.....
Disappointed with the (lack of) response to a pre-10CR taster - but thanks for the support Ferny! - so perhaps we should tack on to your proposed excursion in July??
If you'd be OK with that, then PM me and we can discuss the details...!!
Reg

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...