GT6 Headlining.

bennygoodman

I've started rebuilding the car and trying to work out what to replace and what to put back that is original, I think I need a new headlining but as I don't know what is included in the headlining or what colour I should go for I need your help again.

What exactly does the headlining comprise of and where is the best place to buy from.

I need the covers for the front windscreen pillars, is this included in the headlining also how far down does the headlining go, any interior pictures would be welcome, cheers.

Hi Got mine from Canleys but it looks like the Newton kit to me.

there are some pictures on my website of the install.

The hard plastic covers for the windscreen pillars are listed for TR6's but not sure what is used on the MK3 GT6's (mine is a MK2)

See http://www.canleyclassics.com/?xhtml=xhtml/diagram/tr6latewindscreenandfinishers.html&xhtmlcatalogue=xhtml/catalogue/tr6late.html&category=bodyandfittings&xsl=diagram.xsl

Windscreen finishers.

Many people use appropriate vinyl glued in place.

I trimmed my headlining, windscreen pillars, tops of doors plus dash top in ink black Alcantara and all the other interior including dash board in Ink black Napa leather which is a full-grain leather, typically dyed, made from unsplit kid, lamb or sheep-skin by tanning with salts of chromium or aluminium it is very soft and supple is 0.8 mm thick but very strong. :) It took me sometime to do it my self but it was very rewarding to do and yes its very dark inside the car but feels like a very nice place to be in. For me anyway ;)

I will also trim my GT6 MK 1 in Napa leather too but not in ink black the headlining is in fantastic original condition so even though I am having the car repainted the head liner will be left in place and masked off no matter how long and difficult it might be.  :)

Sorry , link no longer available

That's a decent thread.

I bought mine from Newton commercial and it didn't come with the A post trim, although it did come with the B post. I used a bit of vinyl matched to the doors (supplied by park lane classics) for that.

Very easy to fit, using lots of bull dog clips and Evo-Stik 528 contact adhesive.

Finishes the car nicely. Although as noted above, you need to make some new rear boards unless yours are in good condition.

Heres some pics of mine, from Paddocks. Quality is good and I had just enough to do the A and B pillars, plus a slither under the rear windows. I used bulldog clips to hold it, and left the oil filled heater in the car for around 2 hours to get the headliner warm so I could pull out all the creases, then glued

rotoflex wrote:
Good selection of heater to put in the car for the operation!  An open filament resistance heater or quartz heater could be a fire hazard.

Yeah it worked brilliantly as it was radiated heat, not direct. With the old duvets and blankets over the window holes it was really hot in there too