Tyres - another gripping thread!

Greta

... it's been a while since there was a detailed thread on tyres for our cars... and several changes in the market place.
I've been wasting time today researching choices -...

For the original 155\80\R13 the choices are becoming ever more limited! Even with 175\70\R13 the choice can still be limited. I've been looking for Premium ( Good Quality) All Season Tyres

At 155 perhaps the best I've found are:

Vredestein Quatrac 5

at 175 In all season there seems to be a choice of two :

Falken Euro All Season

Goodyear 4 Season Gen2

In 165 no recommended all seasons could be found.

For Summer use I have been recommended

Dunlop Street Response
Falken  SN832

Economy, Fuel Consumption and durability are less of a concern to me than all round performance as I want tyres I can use for Historic Road Rallying - all year round. I appreciate all is a compromise but would be interested to read your suggestions for currently available tyres that meet these criteria.
Thanks

For "wet" use I am torn between Nicks suggestion above, or Uniroyal Rainexperts.
If I am prepared to go to 14", I can get the Uniroyals in H rated, but in all honesty I doubt I will trouble the T rated tyres on a trackday.

Curveball, but are michelin crossclimate available in 13"??

Hi
Replaced an old set of XAS with Uniroyal Rainexpert 3 on the TR6 last year, couldn't afford the £1000+ for new XAS!  Then took it for a 2000+ miles trip round the north of Scotland and onto Orkney in June and very pleased with them. Thinking about similar or Uniroyal All Season Expert for the 2.5pi

Quoted from thescrapman
What we need is a enterprising supplier to make 14" wheels that are the same pattern as the 13" ones, bit like 2000 and Stag steel wheels.

The mgf spares (or in old money, maestro/montego 14" steels) look similar to the late spifire wheels.
Offset is a little different.I will measure wheel backspace when I am up the garage later. (Flipping foxes woke me up so currently having a cuppa)

• 1 year later...

I'm a fan of the Uniroyal rain expert tyres and not expensive. ones I fitted on the GT6 were £33 fitted gone up to about 40-45 in 175/70/13. I have fitted some 195/60/15 on my MK1 saloon, they can shift some water though. I hit some deep standing water at about 45mph lots of water flying, slowed progress a bit but no deviation of direction or any snatching of the steering.

I could have avoided the water except for a 4x4 driver would not concede any of the road, probably didn't want to dirty the tyres, God forbid they turn up at the school in a dirty car, what would the other parents think