mikew

I finally got the rest of the engine together, and delivered it to the dyno testers, to have it run in and the EFI set up.

Its got jenvey throttle bodies on a webber manifold, with omex efi.

A couple of pictures follow for those who are interested.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

796 wrote:
Which omex you running, 550!!!

its so easy to adjust this set up,

No good just pics, ..Specs ..if you will sir, :) :)

Marcus

Omex 710, with wasted spark.

Crank and rods are steel

Forged pistons.

Roller rockers 1.65 ratio.

Magnesium sump with baffle

Steel mains caps, line bored, with bracing kit.

Line bored for spitfire cam bearings

Cam is a special, the one I was originally supplied gave poor results in the engine analyser program.

Light steel flywheel with sintered clutch, and coaxial clutch release.

631 exhaust manifold, with equal length primaries and secondaries.

Head was done by Neil Collingwood.

mike

796 wrote:
Impressive spec Mike,
should be over 200, with steel crank,. Farndon !!!

there will be so many redundant funtions with that one,  its got it all,

well done,

Marcus

Thank you, I'm hoping for a little more than 200.

When its off the dyno, I'll put the graphs up.
No argui ng about rolling road losses then either.

Mike

Jason wrote:
Lovely motor Mike, bit of a dream spec there, I want one :-)

Thank you, trouble is thats another car I have to finish now, all it needs is a wiring loom, which I have, brake lines, the engine fitting and a few odds and sods.

Not enough hours in the day!

mike

• 2 weeks later...

mikew wrote:

Thank you, trouble is thats another car I have to finish now, all it needs is a wiring loom, which I have, brake lines, the engine fitting and a few odds and sods.

Not enough hours in the day!

mike

Look, here's what I'll do, because I like you and as a favour - you put it all on a trailer, nip down the road to me in Reading and I'll take it all off your hands. Problem solved, no more "too many projects" and I'll even give you a go when it's done.

Bring the paperwork, sign the VRD over to me and I'll even make you a cup of tea.

I know, I know, I'm too kind  ;D

Jason wrote:

Look, here's what I'll do, because I like you and as a favour - you put it all on a trailer, nip down the road to me in Reading and I'll take it all off your hands. Problem solved, no more "too many projects" and I'll even give you a go when it's done.

Bring the paperwork, sign the VRD over to me and I'll even make you a cup of tea.

I know, I know, I'm too kind  ;D

Jason,

I don't know what to say over your kind offer, except perhaps NO

mike

Jason wrote:

OK, I know you're overwhelmed by my generosity, I'll come and collect it then  8)

Your welcome to come and drool at it, and I'll even take you out for a run in it when its finished.

You can even help polish it if you want!

mike

Just seen the first dyno run after completion of a running in period. The dyno is showing 210 ft lb torque and slightly over 200 hp at 5000 rpm, but its running out of fueling on the current injectors, so got to get a new set of injectors which will flow more before finishing the dyno runs.

I hope to get some print outs later today which I will post later

mike

Mike I found this out too, it seems once you get high hp outputs from these engines,
the fuel factor, does no match the injectors,even though they seemed big enough,

if its actual running out of fuel,then bigger may be needded,
but if its the duty cycle over 80%, then ,  what you can doo, is ..increase the  fuel pressure .. 10 PSI..or more , this will bring Duty cycle down  about 25 points

as you may be aware, big injectors, dont perform that well at low revs,
but then again, this is a race engine, !!!

good figures ,at lowish reves too,

Marcus

796 wrote:
Mike I found this out too, it seems once you get high hp outputs from these engines,
the fuel factor, does no match the injectors,even though they seemed big enough,

if its actual running out of fuel,then bigger may be needded,
but if its the duty cycle over 80%, then ,  what you can doo, is ..increase the  fuel pressure .. 10 PSI..or more , this will bring Duty cycle down  about 25 points

as you may be aware, big injectors, dont perform that well at low revs,
but then again, this is a race engine, !!!

good figures ,at lowish reves too,

Marcus

I want to resize the injectors rather than alter the fuel pressure, as the Omex ECU copes with this automatically, once you put in the flow rate of the new injector against the old. That way there's no remapping to do below the point it was running out of fuel (although we will check again). If you alter the fuel pressure you need to remap everything, and that will cost a lot of time and money.

Looking through the injector data tonight it looks like one size up will do, and that shouldn't affect the lower revs too much.

mike

jcarruthers wrote:
You need two sets of injectors - that's the solutions.

It's quite common - it also means you get decent low rev performance.

I've seen this done, but it looks like its only just short of fuel, and only 1 size up is needed, which should leave the low rev performance as it is. If not the Jenvey throttle bodies will require some work, and I'd rather not do this.

mike

Archived