Tyre recommendations please!

Ad2408

Hi Adam,

Depends on what you want to do, is it for track, road, daily runabout.... Want looks or comfort?
regardless of this go for the best your budget can afford and steer clear of cheap chinese wanabees.
Each will have his own opinions but I have always used michelins on mine. Like the look of them, period enough not to distract, and are good build quality.
Those four little pads of rubber is all that keeps you on the road after all, they have to do the steering braking and acceleration.

Dirk

If std 155/80 13, they are not as common as they used to be.
However, plenty are available, and fitted prices will start at about £35 a corner. If looking at budgets, I would be considering barum, they seem to do well in some of the tyre tests. Also hankook, toyo, Yokohama as well as continental, pirelli, Michelin, Goodyear etc.
Well worth looking online at the various suppliers who send them to a local tyre fitter for you and it is all very convenient.

cliftyhanger wrote:
If std 155/80 13, they are not as common as they used to be.
However, plenty are available, and fitted prices will start at about £35 a corner. If looking at budgets, I would be considering barum, they seem to do well in some of the tyre tests. Also hankook, toyo, Yokohama as well as continental, pirelli, Michelin, Goodyear etc.
Well worth looking online at the various suppliers who send them to a local tyre fitter for you and it is all very convenient.

I've got Barum's on my spitfire !  ;D
They are made in the same factory as Goodyear i believe .