Show your entered car!

• 4 weeks later...
On 05/08/2023 at 16:11, FloydP said:

If you decide to take the GT6 you might not be the only 1967 red mk1 on the event as the stag has developed a thirst for coolant and the oil cap is looking very milky😫so it’s probably going to be easier for me to fix the o/d on my GT6 and use that rather than to sort the stag.

IMG_2963.jpeg

As things stand GT6 gets the nod. So if you see someone at lands end trying to get in your car it'll be me in a daze 🥴 

On 08/09/2023 at 20:59, Baldry1500 said:

As things stand GT6 gets the nod. So if you see someone at lands end trying to get in your car it'll be me in a daze 🥴 

I’m sure your keys would work equally well in mine although I’m still undecided wether to swap to my gt6 as I’ve not had time to pull the gearbox so it might not be a problem anyway 🤣. If your running the original dizzy then you might want to pack plenty of rotor arms and maybe a cap as that caused me trouble on a couple of round Britain’s, swapped to a 123 tune to get rid of the problem now. One other tip, the heater control is pulled out for cold and in for hot, apologies if I’m stating the obvious but it took me a couple of years to work that out as seems round the wrong way 😵‍💫

6 hours ago, Tim Bancroft said:

Floyd, let us know which car you are going to use, be good to see your GT6 with James' newly acquired doppelganger.

Tim, currently still taking the stag that I signed up with, a suspected head gasket was why I was thinking of changing to the gt6 but having used that on the last two I thought the stag deserved another run.

My 2 are both doing it. Jason Stanley and I will be in my mk1, recently back from some much needed bodywork, and pretty much ready now.

Meanwhile Tim Ward and Andie Speak will be in Krusty Mustard, having an oil change now. This is a bit of a last minute change after the demise of his GT6's engine.

1694456696135350027479800962083.jpg

16944567581388461865233333053122.jpg

• Like 2

Update on Buttercup, as originally planned I fitted 3 additional gauges to our Spitfire 1500 and did an oil and filter change at the same time whilst fitting the sandwich plate to get two additional ports for oil pressure and temp. Next job is to replace the rubber hoses for silicone ones.

IMG_3852.jpeg

IMG_3846.jpeg

IMG_3840.jpeg

IMG_3842.jpeg

IMG_3843.jpeg

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...