Show your entered car!

My Nappy Cack Yellow GT6. Last used on the 2010 RBRR. The GT6 completed the run in 2006 and 2008 but we had an incident on the 2010 run spinning off the A9 between Perth and Inverness avoiding a large stag (with antlers). We did limp it to John O'Groats with damaged rear suspension with a bent tie rod which snapped when we tried to fix it there and we ended up being recovered by the AA all the way back to Hampshire! Since then the car has been rested from RBRR duties with most of my runs since then completed in the "Flying Log" Dolomite now owned by Darren Sharp. The GT6 has been a media star since it's last RBRR appearance, featuring in Practical Classics and also on the TV as the example car in Car SOS. It's been used continuously since then including a trip to the international GT6 weekend in Germany. Lots of changes in my personal life since then too, a divorce, both kids growing up and finishing education, and retirement for me 2 years ago. Looking forward to the RBRR, however, it will be the first run for a while with only 1 co-driver so it will be hard work! My Co-driver is Glynn Davis who has been one of my co-drivers every run since 2014 but never in my GT6.

P9063851.JPG

Edited by cook1e
  • Like 8

Team 30

Bought this from Matthewsons auctions aka  Bangers and cash to do rbrr in with my nephew

Plan was to sell afterwards but youngest daughter has taken a shine to it so it may stay

V good condition and has overdrive,  upgrades underway, oil pressure gauge, a 2 inch rev counter, blue tooth small stereo, bigger rad, led lamps, period plates 

20221225_143717.jpg

20221225_144156.jpg

• Like 5

So my first run was in 2004 with my good friend Gwaredd ( well we were good friends at the start). 
This will be my 10th run and the cars 6th I believe…..  It’s come a long way since the first run, and it had to go a long way to actually be fit to start that one! 
Gwaredd and I are friends😂 again so he’s up for round 2. We’re almost 20 years older and hopefully both relaxed a bit 🤣😂

D8A6044E-0115-4D20-86EB-27170895C8CA.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, thescrapman said:

I have no idea what my car looks like! I really ought to go and have a look.

It is yellow and Dolomite shaped, thatcI do know.

Good luck in the 1300fwd Dave. BTDT. 😀

You mean you wont be using any of those other cars you bought for the RBRR but never got ready on time? 😉

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Radders said:

You need some weight in the boot of that to lose that positive camber. 🙂  

we went to see her today, they have fitted a new rear spring and trying to fathom out why they can't get rid of the positive camber it is quite severe, is this normal? will just weight in the boot sort it? they were talking about repainting the old spring and putting that back on?  I had been looking in the forum to see if there were any posts regarding this. 

5 minutes ago, Linda Carr said:

we went to see her today, they have fitted a new rear spring and trying to fathom out why they can't get rid of the positive camber it is quite severe, is this normal? will just weight in the boot sort it? they were talking about repainting the old spring and putting that back on?  I had been looking in the forum to see if there were any posts regarding this. 

Has it been driven since fitting?

You can get lowering blocks that fit between the spring and the differential to lower the rear….. is it a standard spring or swing spring conversion?  

• Thanks 1